Chapter 23

"Young Master,we've got a letter." The butler panicked as he went to Jay.

"I-its from Hyunjin Hwang."

"That scum—." Niki was so angry that he could rip it up into pieces.

Jay panicked aswell,not knowing what to do.Hyujin could start a war against the whole nation if he wanted to.And even the imperial family would not be able to do anything.

Hyunjin had connections to the enemy empire.One letter and everyone would be burning bodies.And this was what Jay was worried about,a future without a home,all left ashes.And what about Jungwon? Like he said they havent even gotten married yet.The future looked glim.

"Well what does it say?!" Niki persisted, curious about what the bastard sent them.

Dearest Jay,

            I have Yeji,well as you may already know,but you never know if she's dead or not.Who knows she may be.Dumb slut kept screaming,only proper for me to shut her up

       I request your presence here at the imperial palace tomorrow,come alone,if you refuse,I'll have your lovely fiance's head on my altar.

"Piece of scum!!" Niki growled."FUCK!"

Jay broke in sweat.shit

"I will have to attend." Jay said to everyone,looking down on the floor,unsure about wether it was the right decision,but all for Jungwon's safety.

Niki grabbed Jay by the collar." You can't be serious,who knows what he'll do!"

"I'm sure you would want to see Jungwon's smile while he's alive." Jay whispered into Niki's hear aggressively.He threw Niki's hands aside,escaping from his clutches.

Jungwon bit his nails in the midst of their conversation,also worried about Jay.If it weren't for me,Jay wouldn't have any liabilities. He thought.

Jay was quick to notice."Hey ,are you okay?" He looked at Jungwon full of worry.

"Im fine." Jungwon said simply, nothing else.

Jay pulled Jungwon to a hug,as he gently held Jungwon's neck,rubbing it as he embraced him warmly. "Everything will be okay. WE'LL BE OKAY." He comforted him.

Jungwon's tears flowed down his soft,pale face,it glittered in the light.He sobbed softly in Jay's arms.

Niki's heart throbbed upon looking at them.Not being able to comfort the one he loved,or even giving them a warm embrace was the most painful thing ever.Huh,I guess there's no room left for me after all. He said to himself in a whisper.

~•~

It was the next day,or probably even the last day.A war was coming with no doubt,if Hyunjin didn't achieve what he wanted,he would set the whole empire on fire by all means.

"Do you have to go?" Jungwon tried to beg Jay to stay.

"I have to Won." He touched Jungwon's face in a comforting manner.Jungwon held his hands and kissed it sweetly,almost like a goodbye."Stay safe."Jay smiled upon hearing.

"Niki will be here with you,I will come back."

That was the last thing Jay said before he hopped on his horse,on his way to the imperial palace.

Jungwon waved him farewell as he watched his horse disappear in the distant trees."Won, let's go in." Niki said as he held Jungwon's hand, leading him inside.Niki looked exceptionally upset and worried,but holding Jungwon's hand was sweet.