Chapter 21

I'm back because Jungwon's red hair gave me energy<3

_________________________________________

Niki bid his sister farewell,following her out to see her enter her carriage and go. It was a sweet reunion,he hadn't seen her in days. He waved her endlessly until he saw her carriage vanish in the distant trees.

He sighed deeply. "Well It was good to see her." He told himself,as he made his way back to the gates. "AHHH-" Niki heard a distant scream.

It was Sunoo-grabbing his hair in frustration as he had realized that he didn't ride on Yeji's carriage home. "HOW AM I
TO GO HOME NOW?!" He said full of stress.

Niki hurriedly rushed to the scene to see what was going on."What happened!?" He asked the older who was sweating gallons every single minute.

"I MISSED MY CARRIAGE!!" Sunoo yelled. His chubby cheeks turning red from anger. Niki took a moment to realize. "Oh." Was all he could say. He bit his upper lip,clenching his teeth.

He forgot Sunoo actually hitched a ride with his sister,Yeji was also a bit too forgetful to remember her aquintance that she brought. But then again Sunoo also had some fault in it,he was a bit too busy devouring the cookies that he saw in the waiting room to go out and realize he had been left behind,only did he know about the abandonment when he finished stuffing his face.

"It's already dark out,we wont even be able to call a carriage at this time." Niki informed Sunoo,who seemed drained of energy,visibly seen from his pale appearance and that drop of sweat ok his forehead."Would you like to spend the night here then?" Niki suggested. Feeling bad that Sunoo would not have anymore to stay at for the night.

Sunoo face beamed up a little with the sudden suggestion,but it immediately vanished in a second. "It's alright I can just walk back." Half of him was happy anytime to stay the night- yet half of him was a bit sceptical about staying in a traitor's home, although it was where his close friends resided.

"You wont be able to walk 5 kilometers back down, I'm speaking from experience." Niki told Sunoo,as he recalled that one time he went hunting with Jay as they walked down the steep road.

Sunoo sighed greatly,he was really unsure about the situation,given the fact that he thinks they're planning something dangerous.But unfortunately he had no choice but to stay the night anyway.He only hoped that he would wake up the next day and not see heaven when he opens his eyes.

Sunoo gave in,Niki led him back to the mansion to inform Jay about Sunoo staying the night.The sky had turned grim and the moon already made it's appearance.

Niki held Sunoo's hand as he led him inside the mansion,as if he didn't want him to get lost,he held him tight in his grip.Sunoo thought nothing of it from the absolute fatigue that he felt from the long day that he has had.

"Hyung." He called out for Jay.They had gotten a bit closer together to be on a nickname basis. Jungwon noticed it too-and everytime they did that it was as if he wasn't in the room.

Like that one time at breakfast."Hyung can you pass me the syrup." Niki asked politely.Jay reached for the syrup and gently gave it to the younger,patting his head as he did it."Here you go Niki-ah." He added.

Back to the present.Jay agreed to Niki's sudden request,even giving him a small pat on the head. "He can sleep in the guest room,you can lead him the way." He said before turning to Jungwon."Are you tired too?" He asked Jungwon.Niki wasn't too pleased to see the sight-so he quickly made his way to the bedroom.

Jungwon gave a small pout as he furrowed his eyebrows infront of Jay."So you guys are close now,huh?" He asked the older."Tch,even I dont get to call you hyung." He clicked his tongue.Jay had a blast as he looked at his lover upset and jealous."Do you want to call me hyung?" He asked him,cupping his face in his hands.

"Uh forget it." Jungwon pushed him away,making his way back to the bedroom to retire for the night. Jay chuckled watching the upset younger,as he slammed his foot every step he took,like a immature little toddler.

"If only you knew Niki liked you..." Jay whispered under his breath.He gave one small chuckle once again before following after Jungwon."Wait for me Jungwon-ah." He called him in a babying kind of manner to tease him."SHUT UP!-" Jungwon yelled from afar.

~•~

Once again morning came."WHERE AM I?!" Sunoo jumped.Frightened that he woke up in a bed that wasn't familiar to him. He ruffled his hair only to recall that he had spent the night in Jay and Jungwon'e residence. He sighed with great relief,hugging himself, thankful that he managed to wake up.Due to Jay's unspeakable reputation-rumors have spread about how assassins would visit his mansion every night.

"IM STILL ALIVE!" Sunoo happily exclaimed,putting his hands up in a tight fist in victory,almost as if he had won a war.But then again who knows,a war might come.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Niki was first to burst into Sunoo's room upon hearing his 'calls' for help.His room was just at the other end,so he was obviously the first one to hear.He plopped himself onto Sunoo's bed,attending to his needs.

Sunoo's eyes formed into a smile upon seeing the younger,still joyful that he made it through the night. He gave Niki a tight hug,unrealizingly."Haha,IM ALIVE!" He exclaimed.

Niki was confused,from the sudden hug,and from the weird remark Sunoo made, but he gave in to the sweet cuddle the older gave him anyway.

~•~

"It's time to attack." He said with a sinister smile.

______________________________

Sorry to keep you hanging<3 I woke up and chose violence ^^

Dont forget to comment and vote! 😇🤞