Chapter Seven - Out of All the Lights, I'm Only Thinking of Ours

*This may be the last part before I finish my exams, I don't really have time to write right now, which is why this is short and suckish. Hope you all understand. Also, I put in a reference since everyone keeps referring to the song almost every other chapter.*

Mikey takes a worried glance at the door after Patrick storms out, "Is he okay?" He asks me, seeming genuinely concerned. I think.

"I don't-" I begin to say but Gerard catches my attention with a clear of his throat and I backpedal with "remember where but he said he had somewhere to sort band things out at."

Mikey makes a sound that shows he understands and then says, "Well, I think we should go do something." He looks to Gerard for approval, "Go for a walk or something, is it cool that I take him away for awhile, Gee?"

Gerard's face lights up, "Great idea! Oh could you go to the comic store for me?"

I don't ask how he knows there's a comic store here already, he probably has them all marked out.

* * * * *

"How's Brendon?" I ask as Mikey and I step out of the bus, gladly closing the door to Gerard behind us.

"He's Brendon; so good one minute, crying the next." We laugh and it rings along with the blue skies and the small breeze. "Ryan can handle him though, so there's that."

"That sounds like Brendon." I admit, chuckling to myself as

"It does. Listen, about this morning... What's wrong with Patrick?" Mikey takes my silence as a surprised one and chuckles to himself as he says, "Gerard's been doing that glare thing since I can remember."

"You noticed that? But-"

"Hey guys!" The familiar call from someone I was certain I was clear of, at least for now, hits us both with strong dread.

"Gee, you said you weren't coming." Mikey groans, not even trying to sound happy about it. I smile to myself at that.

"Not exactly. Anyway, it's my job as the older sibling to make sure my little brother and his boyfriend don't get lost!"

Gerard hooks one of his arm's around Mikey's, and the other around me, splitting us up.

We look at each other and he rolls his eyes. Gerard leans in and whispers, "Remember what we talked about."

"Gerard!" Someone calls behind us, Gerard turns us all around to respond. Patrick's expression, whatever it meant before, turns into a grimace, and I don't know why.

"Never mind, I see you have company."

Mikey and I just stare as Gerard pushes us forward.

* * * * *

I'll admit, when Gerard told us while he and Mikey were sifting through the new batch of comics just in that we were all going out later tonight for dinner to celebrate the first leg of the tour, well I was pretty excited.

This is not at all what I was excited about.

"Could someone pass the salt?" Spencer asks, unsure where the tension's came from, in his seat beside Patrick. Mikey scoffs.

"I think it's salty enough in here already." He murmurs into my ear and I laugh uncomfortably and even slightly forcefully. A few people at our table look at me with confusion.

Dallon hands it to Spencer, both of their eyes flickering back between Mikey and Patrick's blatant glares to each other, and me with my own choked laughter.

"So," Gerard begins, probably regretting his decision in telling Mikey about the source of Patrick's moodiness while we were walking back to the venue. He didn't even tell me, for God's sake.