Chapter 2

(Time Skip to Next Morning)
[ Y/N POV]

I just finished writing down all the events that took place yesterday.  Swimming on the Calm Belt to find an Island to stay on, Fighting underwater with a Sea King who took away all my belongings, somehow ending up with a cut from that fight as well as meeting up with a bunch of pirates I saw on News Coo not so long ago.

The Doctor was surprisingly polite during our interactions unlike the rest of his buddies who were constantly flirting or thirsting over me as well as the talking bear who got a bit nervous when I suddenly clung on him during my panic attack. I am able to sense anyone's emotions, intensions and some of their thoughts with "Observation Haki". An old man at Sabody told me about it when I took shelter at his place after attacking a 'Celestial Dragon' on the Slave Auction House a few months ago. I used this infrequently to save myself in some situations for these three years as a runaway but only got the hang of it thanks to his guidance. I wish I could have learned about it earlier otherwise I wouldn't be stuck in that Brothel back in Arabasta two years ago.

My past memories have become fuzzy and confusing after an accident. Whenever I think about my past, two parallel films start to run which creates chaos in my mind. After the accident, I found myself on the Grand Line just a few days after my 18th birthday. The only I knew was my name.

A doctor gave me shelter for a few days and took care of me for the first two months of this life, she gave me this diary along with an art file and supplies. It was her idea to keep writing down things or draw some sketch on anything that happen everyday in order to keep track of my memories and also it was her belief that Pen and Paper have the power to change the world.

I used to think that as absurd only to prove myself wrong. These skills over time became useful for my survival in the sea, it helped me in getting some quick berries during money shortages though writing letters or drawing landscapes and Portraits. It's a form of healing for me and helps me to forget the ugly and bad things of my life for a while.

I continue to write down on the remaining details of the previous day and hear the door opening. It was the White Bear.

" Captain told me to call you for breakfast." He says nervously
" Doctor-San is the captain?" I ask him
"Umm..Yess...I'm Sorry."

He sulks a bit yet so adorable.

" It's okay, I didn't know that. How about we go there and eat together? It would be nice to have a friend." I say with a comforting tone
"Ooo..Okay.." He replied cutely

I follow him on my way to the temporary camp along with my art supplies and take the food. It was Rice Balls and some fruits. The two of us sit together and talk as we eat. His name is Bepo and he's a navigator of the crew, Heart Pirates. I tell him a bit of my job as an artist and offer him to let me draw a potrait as a gratitude gesture for the incident last night. He accepts it since there is not much to do on the island and easier to kill some time.

I keep the art file on my lap and open up a fresh page.

" Just stay still until I'm done. You can do it, Bepo!" I encourage him

Bepo takes a few deep breathes and poses in a combat stance. I hold the pencil in my left hand and start drawing. It's not easy to draw that pose still I keep my calm and focus on drawing it. An hour passes as I continue to draw and focus on all the details, he starts to sweat due to the heat.

" How long it will take Y/N?" he asks me as he trembles
" I'm almost done...just the details on your ears are left...Wait for two more minutes." I reply while drawing the details

I draw the fur lines over his ear and give the work one last look for checking the details. It's good I think. I show him the drawing. He takes the file from me and brings the file up to his face. The adorable bear gives me a huge smile.