Chapter 10

[Law's POV]

What did I just see? Y/N-ya choked him and flung him off the island. Not so long ago, she was scared of him.Her unconscious body is lying next to me. I make myself cough out in case I ingested any sand by chance.

"Captain, are you okay?" Shachi asks me
" I will be fine. Look after Bepo and Y/N-ya. They need the medical attention." I order him

Penguin and the rest bring a stretcher to take Y/N-ya. The old man offers us to stay at his place for the time being. It was a two-tier, store cum personal living space. Y/N ya is resting in one of the rooms along with Bepo who's not leaving her side until she awakens.

He shared some kind of antidote to the locals for the "Drugs" given by Crocodile and his men.

" Underworld is a shady place. Luckily I had kept the antidote by chance." He says while offering it to one of the locals.

I follow along with the old man who's offering the antidote to the village officials and ask them to arrest any of the remaining men with Crocodile. The disguise prevented the officials to notice me. The two of us walk back to his place.

This is the right time to ask that

" Er...Sir is it okay if I can ask about her? Her connection with the Underworld?" I ask him hesitantly

" Shouldn't you take a rest? You look exhausted and injured." the old man replies why pointing to the bandages on my arm

" It's just minor injuries and I need to know about this right now."

" We need to be somewhere private to talk about it." The old man quips

Shachi gives me a look as if he wants to join us but I wave my hand away. He nods and goes back to the old man's store. I follow the man in the direction of a garden just behind the store.

" She prefers people not to know about it but the situation has changed now."

He hums for a moment and continues, " Let me take it back to last year when I met her. She was penniless back then as most of her belongings got stolen by some pirates who were creating havoc on our island. I offered to let her stay at my place as long as she helps me with the work at the store."

He continues about the life being normal, her habit of writing on the diaries, and learning knife throwing from him.

"She finds about my alternate job, I'm a broker in the Underworld, someone who deals with all the betting in the Bird-Cage."

" Bird-Cage?"

" It's the codeword for the battle arena. One day she asks me to let her join in the battles, never told me the reason but she went in there and became famous."

He takes a pause, " One day, she leaves from here. Kept all the Underworld stuff with me with a letter. That's the last time she communicated until now"

Then, it's possible she may have crossed paths with 'Joker'.

==(POV Change)==

[Y/N POV]

"Ahhh!"

A punch lands on my abdomen and I fall.

" The winner of this match is Giant Fist!"

There is a roar and shaking in the cage, I struggle to stand up on my feet alone as no one offers me a hand to help.

"As per the wager, Nightshade will get a part of her flesh scraped right now! Live in the Bird-Cage!"

I shake in fear, facing the hot iron on the referee's hand and covering my eyes in pain. The hot rod burns onto my skin and I start screaming in pain. It's the same pain I bore that time.

Why? Why I'm feeling this again?

A hatted woman's eyes link with mine as the burning goes on. She is in white and gives an amused look. She flicks a fan to cover her face.

The burning stops and I am in a dark, dingy room with barely any light. I hear a thud and see a body covered in a pool of blood. I touch it, it feels cold. That's a Dead Body.

"Eat it!" A voice booms
"What?"
"Eat it!" The voice booms again

My Head gets shoved into the bloody corpse, inching closer to the rotten flesh.

"Make a Bite!" The booming voice snarls
"No.." I say with my head turned to the right
"Make a Bite now!"

I shake my head and my face inches closer, leaving a very thin gap between me and the corpse.
"I Can't!"
"Eat!"
" I -"

My body shakes and See a bandaged white bear looking at me.
" Bestie, are you okay?"
" B-B-Bepo..."
" I'm fine, you were just blurting out random sounds and you were sweating too."

I find myself on the bed. What happened last night with Mr. 0. All I remember is Captain fighting him and then teleporting himself away.

" Bepo, tell me what happened last night?"

He makes a strange yet nervous expression.

" Please tell me, I don't remember anything after you all saved me from the quicksand."
" I think -"

The door opened, Captain now back in his rimmed cap, signature hoodie and spotted denim with the longsword in his hand.

" Bepo, we need to leave. The marines have discovered us. Did she wake up?"
He gives a glance in my direction, " Y/N-ya, take this and let's go."

He tosses my crew uniform and I quickly change in front of Bepo who doesn't get flustered by me being unclothed.

James offers me a huge backpack downstairs as I get ready to leave.
" Can't you give this old man a hug, Nightshade?"
" You know, not to say that name."
" Habits die hard."

I hug him as I take the backpack and the mask into his hands.

" Bon Voyage."
" Stay Healthy, Bet God."

He chuckles at my words and I walk out of the door, following Bepo in the direction of the port.

"How did the Marines find out about us?" I ask him
" Someone saw the Polar Tang and reported to them apart from spotting Crocodile's men."
" Oh, where are the rest?"
" They are waiting for us."

"Guys, come here!" Captain shouts from an alley

I go in the dark alley with Captain standing on the corner, under a canopy. The Marines walk on our direction.

" Officer look in the alley in the left."
"Yes, Sir!"

I look towards him with fear, he looks towards me.

" Y/N-Ya, Don't mind this!"

His arm wraps behind my waist and pulls me close to him. He tilts his face on his right and....

HE KISSES ME!

=====================
(Author's Note)
Finally, I'm back!

Stuff happened in life, so apologies for the delay in this chapter. This marks the end of the First Major Arc of the Fic and now, we shall dive in deep into the mysteries behind Luna's new found abilities and connection with the Underworld along with Law's  revenge plan against Doffy to kick-off!

See you guys soon
Pegasus