Chapter 19

[Y/N POV]

Phew! Law-San is safe now.

If not for the Observation Haki, I wouldn't be able to save him and he would be injured from that blast.

" Thank you, Y/N-ya." He said and walks ahead to check the battle arena

" Y-Your welcome, Law-San." I reply but those words  remain ignored

I pull back the shadows and pull up Nemesis out of my pocket. I rush towards the wall to climb up, leap off from thr edge and start kicking my legs mid-air to give an illusion of floating movements.

Don't know how did I learn this technique, some say its the one used by the marines.

An officer points his gun to my direction, I kick my legs to go higher and go for a jumping kick onto their head. I start fighting with the officers one by one with the crew members as support. Law-San is fighting with a marine with black shades and twin knives. The giant winged man injuring a pink haired marine.

A pale winged woman lunges over me with an axe.

" It's the one with 180 Million on their head." She announces

" Let's get her alive." Another crew member adds

" The marines had to fuck up my retirement." I hiss at them

I bend backwards to evade the axe swing and propel into a backflip kick. The woman leaps onto my direction and i continuously dodge her movements.

Marines march onward our direction with guns aimed at us. I fall back on my limbs at the moment the guns are fired, the pale woman takes the bullet aimed at her wing and shoulder. I hide behind the box quickly to avoid the marines. The footsteps are heavy and synchornised. Our crew is battling for survival, Law-San along with Bepo and Jean Bart protect the crew-men running towards the Polar Tang.

I sprint through the alley, within the stench of trash and human faeces. The winged people started to retreat suddenly from what i sense. Law-San's haki is uneasy right now and...

The winged ones are beating up the civilians and one of them was....

Painted a huge graffiti of the crew's logo onto the walls of the marine base. They had a mischievous grin plastered on their faces.

I crack my knuckles in rage and toss 'Nemisis' upwards along with the nimble movements if my fingers connecting with the shadows of near by wooden crates .

My hand changes into a paw like gestures and I slam the crates onto the head of the weak winged man. He 's knocked out. I slap the falling 'Nemesis'  aimed at the head of a one winged warrior in armor. I release a tendril to connecting with a pole and rappel on the wall to give an illusion of "wall running" sideways. I grab the knife back and jump off the edge to kick on the marine behind Penguin.

" You should see your surrounding, Penguin-San."

My body starts to shake. I am about to reach my limit and then the backlash will kick in.

Suddenly, The marine with black shades hits my forehead with a pole. It ended up having a dent. My mask is quite resistant and absorb the shock of this move. He has a confused expression.

" This Tickles!" I sneer

====(Change in POV)====

[Law's POV]

" Wanna help me Trafalgar?" Urouge pleas

" Nope, you continue." I bluntly reply as I parry a swordsman from his crew

Mad Monk is Struggling to keep his fight with the Pink haired Marine and his men started to fall in numbers as they were being defeated by our crew or the marines themselves.

He takes in the rapid attack by the marine and releases up the power from his devil fruit to push back the marine, a good 5-6kms away from our location.

" Coward.." he spat on me as he left ahead with a transponder snail in his hand

I sneak behind him to listen to his convo, "Are you serious? You are letting me join you?"

" At what position?.......yeah its good....I wi...."

A person fly pasts me. It's Y/N-ya!

Her mask is still on the face but she groans. She's in the backlash period! It means she can't use her powers or haki for the next 72 hours!

We both need to leave before the pink haired guy comes for us. I sheath Kikoku back and wear it above my shoulder. I carry her in my arms and start dashing towards the Polar Tang.

" Law-San! What are you doing?" She shrieks

" No time for questions! We have to leave now!"

I run ahead and take a right turn into the direction if the docks.

Just a few minutes more, we will be there to escape again.

" You have to stop, now!" A squeaky voice croaks

It's the pink haired marine, in his dusty uniform.

" Surrender to us peacefully, we won't harm your crew members and also the woman you have in your arms."

" No, Cotton Candy-ya."

" This is a final warning. Surrender to us and-"

" Do what? Raise our bounties? You guys can't even beat up the "Mad Monk" and his men. You won't even last a minute."

" I'm Captain Koby and I will arrest, Trafalgar Law and Nightshade for harming the life of civilians at Rocky Port and engaging with the Marines in combat."

As if you could so that, Cotton Candy-Ya.

" L-Law-San, Let me help you."