Chapter 34

[Law POV]

" So, is this the last one to teleport?" I ask Bepo

"Yes, Captain." he squeaked

I teleport the cube onto the submarine.

" How many do you have, Y/N-ya?" I ask her via the communication device

" We have 98 hearts." She replies promptly

I tap to disconnect the call. I close my eyes to sense for any potential survivors as most of them were knocked out by the crew.

As per my calculations, we need exactly 100 hearts.

Shachi runs towards my direction, looking disturbed with something he saw.

" Captain, the ones we were looking for are dead." Shachi wimpered

" Dead? How is that possible? I believe we have..."

"There is someone else in the island." I mutter

===[POV Change]====

[Y/N POV]

We are almost done with the plan. However, its tiring. To wait all alone here.

I feel uncomfortable seeing all of these hearts in the chest. Yes, those people aren't dead for now but seeing soo many beating, healthy hearts do give me the creeps.

I tap on the communicating device, to contact with the boys.

Static Noise

What's going on? Did something happen on the island?

I close my eyes and focus on sensing the Haki of the boys. It's fluctuating and there is danger. Someone is coming towards me.

As soon as I open them, A figure in a owl mask throws a punch. I evade with a backflip and grab Nemisis.

They rush towards me, taking quick steps on the air and kicking on the chest. I shield the chest with the shadow and block their attack.

" Nightshade, It's an honor to meet you." a female voice whispers

" I don't feel the same, owl-witch." I comment and quickly pierce on their thigh

I can't pinpoint exactly who it is.

" Nightshade, you can. After all we met before." She replies with a smile
" Where?"
" The Underworld."

The Underworld? Who could she be? A fighter of the bird-cage? Some Emperor's associate? Wasn't Buggy saying something about a revenge?

Her lips creep up into a devious smile, " I'm surprised that a Bird-Cage fighter can go in toe with one of the Emperors."

Is she....

" Yes, you guessed it right. Now do your part of the deal." She continues with that enchanting voice

It's the Queen of the Pleasure District, the empress of the Underworld, Madam Stussy.

She kicks on my face, I block with my left arm. We start exchanging quick blows mid air, she uses her cape to blind my sight, I use Nemesis to cut it and summon my shadow to tangle her limbs.

I lock her legs and twist the shadow in vine like structures to entrap her. She gasps in surprise.

She doesn't react to my attack. She chuckles lightly.
" This tickles."

It's familiar. I saw here there.

"I saw you, in those memories." I tell her
" What memories, little girl?"
" Grey Walls, Injections, Scientists. You were with them."