The First Day

READING GUIDANCE!!

" This is a direct sentence in the present time."

" This is a direct sentence in the past time."

' This is inside character's mind sentence in the present time.'

'This is inside character's mind sentence in the past time.'

HAPPY READING!

***

.

.

.

It's just like a usual daily day.

Just like waking up every morning when the sun still not yet rises even after she opens her window's curtain. Just like preparing herself for the day while breathing a fine nice refreshing morning air from the open window. Put on her shawl and go outside her humble room to cook her breakfast before taking a cold shower. Then, put some clothes on and prepare things to go to work. Something that she always does every single day without even asking why she has to do that every day.

... because It is just a common natural daily life that's somehow bonded human who still has life within their body. So, cliché -yes, but, that's how life is.

Yet, her life might be quite different from what most people could imagine. It is not her being a normal ordinary city girl in a sophisticated civilization. It is not also her being a countryside girl in a 'normal' world.

what is a 'normal' world is anyway? she could not even understand and knows about the answer to that kind of random question, but- her world somehow starts to feel different.

" Ms.Grace, good morning." said a humble old woman with a smile on her wrinkled face who lives in front of her humble house in the very humble district. Even though she, herself, still not yet gotten used to the atmosphere this humble district gives her.

It is like an alley that you can find in in the Victorian era, or if you ever watched Harry Potter movie then you will know a place named Diagon Alley- and, she is someone who lives in a similar kind of alley right now where her house is on the third floor of a three floors building that she rents in quite a cheap amount. Then, this humble old lady who just greeted her is, Mrs. Karley, her neighbor who she knows for quite a while who has a daily routine to greet her every early morning.

She smiles warmly while putting her key inside her bag and fixing the buttons of her coat. " Good Morning, Mrs.Karley," while she then helps the old woman opens the front sliding doors of Mrs.Karley's shop that are quite hard to open. " The suns still not yet rise, Mrs.Karley," she said.

and Mrs.Karley smiles silly, " You one to say, huh?" she said sarcastically and laughs happily with her bright smile.

she then just rises her shoulders while tying up her wavy long ginger hair, " Well, the palace gives us a strict rule."

" Ah yes, yes! Sure, you are a diligent girl," she said.

" This place is not a free rent, unfortunately."

and Mrs.Karley laughs out loud. " True right!" she said. " But... I am amazed enough at how you manage to be accepted in the palace. I was once dreaming to become one- Yet, here I am getting old without ever seeing inside the palace." she said.

Grace just smiles faintly, " If you become a maid in the palace, there is no way I will be full every dinner. So, you should not think about that."

and again Mrs.Karley laughs, " I will make beef stew so, just comes over after you finish your work, okay?"