The Bitter Truth

READING GUIDANCE!!

" This is a direct sentence in the present time."

" This is a direct sentence in the past time."

' This is inside character's mind sentence in the present time.'

'This is inside character's mind sentence in the past time.'

HAPPY READING!

***

.

.

Since the day when she decided to choose to be the princess's personal maid, she knew immediately that her life will change dramatically. She found herself, that the daily routine she once did somehow change. It may not look different as she still somehow, do the same things as before. Waking up in the morning prepares herself for the day, works in the palace, and comes back home when the time has come. Yet, since that day... she found herself praying.

praying something she never thought she will do.

' Please, don't be a reality.'

every single day, every time she wakes up, she will immediately hope for something that she starts to realize will never become true.

and she will find herself drowning inside her own thought every morning. Thinking about the storyline that will happen. Even though she tries to deny that nothing horrible may happen to the princess, reality shows her the truth eventually. Of course, her memories don't show a detailed situation of what will happen. In the beginning, it only shows her the major events in her story. As result, at first she never really thought about everything, and the existence of the princess is not related to the story inside her memories. Yet, recently, major events started to happen.

Just days ago, Lady Landberg was attacked by some assassins while walking around the garden of the east palace with the princess. She still vividly remembers, the incident stuck in her brain as if it does not want to vanish even though she desperately wants it to. She was not expecting anything that morning, there was also not a single feeling that led her to that horrifying event. She was just doing things like usual, doing the job that was assigned to her.

That day, the princess and Lady Landberg choose to visit the garden. Something unharmful that was common to do. Strangely, even after the suns set, both of them still had not yet come back. Just at that moment, she then remembered.

" How could they do that? They were just playing in the garden!" memory of the girl inside her memories showed her fury and sadness. The girl who was always cheerful and sometimes silly showed anger she could not understand. " Why do they do that?" with an ounce of regret engraved in Grace's heart.

All of it was because of the story about the first attack to the princess. In the memories, the princess was still a child and was just hanging around in the east palace garden with Lady Landberg. There was no character named Grace in the story, she was an abnormality in this reality. So, no one was aware of their missing. The lady was heavily wounded and hid somewhere in the garden, She hugged the princess tightly ignoring the fact that she was in critical condition,

then,

knights found it the next morning. The scenery was still vivid inside her brain, the innocent princess calling the name of the lady repeatedly hoping she woke up. Yet, from that moment the lady never woke up again.

She felt a dreadful feeling at that moment she remembered the memories. She rushed out immediately, yelled at the knights to immediately follow her. She was running like crazy, and while praying inside repeatedly.