Engage the Disengagement

READING GUIDANCE!!

" This is a direct sentence in the present time."

" This is a direct sentence in the past time."

' This is inside character's mind sentence in the present time.'

'This is inside character's mind sentence in the past time.'

HAPPY READING!

***

.

.

.

" Hark Pier is not far from here. It is only 15 minute or 20 minutes from the hotel we will stay." said the medical personal who walks along with her and the princess who clung into her while calmly playing her flowers. 

and Grace who walks with him behind the commander who leads the way, looking at him confusedly while they are walking in the forest path. " ... Hotel? are we going to stay in that city?"

" Yes, not only the plan to meet is still two days left but also because we need to extra careful with what we do in this situation." 

and even Grace only could speculate the things that they plan, she kind of understand. " Is that the reason why we left the carriage and walk?"

" Well, the carriage has dukedom insignia and the enemy already know us. One of my friend brings the carriage to the opposite direction for the enemy to be fooled." 

' It is smart.' she thought. Especially when she knows how Pistosian is a kind of race that is good at tracking something like this. 

" Just trust the commander okay, Miss?" and Evan smiles at her tenderly as if he knows her worries. " ... more than that, how is your feeling?" 

" Pardon?" asked her.

and he gives her gesture to her back, " Do you need pain killer again?" asked him while looking worried. 

" Oh! Ah... it is okay!" she said while smiling. 

" Are you sure? It similar to burning injured.... with my power only i could not do more, just until we get back to the Empire..."

and she smiles dearly especially when it warms her heart when she realizes that there is someone worries about her so much as Evan. " It is okay, it is bearable." and it makes herself feel so good as her smiles brighter. 

" ... Please don't force yourself." and even the Knight, could not hold himself to not care when someone with smile like her have to endure the pain she has. " Please tell me if you feel hurt again." 

" Alright... Thank y-"

" Hey." and Grace flinched when a deep voice call them. Of course her smile immediately vanishes in a second, while she then puts her head down when the commander call them. It is been hard for her to look at him especially after the night they both talked. All of the realization that happens to her, could not make her look at him even more because of how she feels useless despite her knowing. More than that, this man is terrifying too and she still could not stand him. 

' I am just a maid anyway, I probably don't have anything for him until he, himself needs anything to me.'

" Miss-Miss!" and Evan shakes her up and makes her wakes up from her thought. " The commander is talking to you!" he said.

" Ye-yes?!" and she looked at him frantically and paled by the glare of him. " ... Your- yes, Sir?"

" You can be so careless in this situation?!" he is mad. " Could not you be more focus?"