26

"y/n, kokonoi is going to take you shopping for clothes and other necessities for your stay here." mikey tells you over breakfast the next morning, you simply nod as you stand up and bring your plate to the sink. giving it a quick rinse, you set it down before walking back up to your room.

since you don't really have any clothes here, one of the boys lends you some clothing he has. this ends up being kazutora since like you, most of the boys don't have clothing with them.

"ready?" kokonoi stands in your open doorway, leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed.

"yeah." you answer, pulling your phone from the charger and following kokonoi out of your room and down the hallway. the silence is comfortable as you two stand in the elevator, going below the first level and into the underground garage.

your phone buzzes and you take it from your pocket.

inui: hey, sorry for bothering you, but i'm bored and need someone to talk to

y/n: it's fine, i'm about to go shopping tho so you should find someone else to talk to

inui: oh, where are you going shopping?

you bite your lip before looking up at kokonoi, "where are we going shopping?" kokonoi tells you where and you nod, repeating his answer back to inui.

inui: alright, see you

you put your phone back into your pocket as kokonoi leads you through the garage, stopping at a black car. you don't give it much thought and get into the passenger's seat, while kokonoi gets into the driver's seat.

"who were you texting?" he suddenly asks you.

"a friend."

"their name?

"seishu." you don't see the harm in telling kokonoi about your newfound connection with his old friend and partner, only staring out the window as he backs the car out of the parking space, and driving out of the garage.

things go by in a flash, but the next thing you see is the front of a car heading straight towards your side of the car.

kokonoi notices this as well, quickly trying to swerve the car out of harm, but his reaction comes too late.

inui: y/n?

inui: y/n it's been 30 minutes, are you okay?

y/n: i'm so sorry young man, but miss y/n kisaki has been rushed to the hospital with her friend, hajime kokonoi, after a freak car accident. if you wish to see them, please come to this hospital.

the doctor hands your phone back to the shaking blonde, who clutches the phone tightly. huddled in the waiting room, your roommates all pace or shake or do whatever anxiously, when the door bursts open.

a frantic inui rushes in.

"are they okay?!" having two people he cares about in the hospital has him on edge. rindou immediately shushes him, a finger to his lips.

"kokonoi is okay, his injuries were minimal, since he was not on the side where the cars hit. but y/n... we've yet to hear about her." ran informs, holding his younger brother in a calming embrace.

inui feels a little relief wash over him, but as he sits down, he can hear his heart beating quicker than usual. the door opens again moments later, and a bandaged and casted kokonoi walks in, pure guilt on his face.

"i'm sorry, this is all my fault, i've never been good at driving, if one of you had taken her-" his words get stuck inside his throat as tears threaten to spill, "i can pay for her medical bills." he suddenly says in a firm voice.

from where he is seated, inui tenses. this is harder on kokonoi than the others know, already having lost someone to a freak accident. both of them.

"don't blame yourself." kokonoi finally notices inui sitting in one of the chairs, and his legs weaken, giving out from under him. lucky for him, inui rushes over to catch him, "and you're still injured, let's get you back to your room."

kokonoi doesn't argue as he walks off to his hospital room, inui supporting him.

once again, moments later, the door opens again, revealing the doctor.

"how is she?!" the group of boys surround the doctor, who is immediately drenched in his own sweat, but recollecting himself, he clears his throat.

"y/n kisaki sustained a traumatic brain injury at the impact of the crash, and will be in a coma for an unknown amount of time." that single sentence seems to bring every bit of hope they had out of them, "but on a positive note, when she wakes up..." if you wake up. "she will not have any memory loss."

the doctor pushes himself from the crowd of boys, leaving them with information of your condition.

sobs are soon heard from multiple of the boys. but everyone is shocked at a scene they'd never think they'd see. never once in their lifetime did they ever imagine they would see the "invicibile mikey" cry.

UNEDITED.

a/n: kokonoi </3