𝒊𝒙. stick and poke

CHAPTER NINE,stick and poke

CHAPTER NINE,
stick and poke.

━━━━ AVERIE is a sucker for tattoos. she didn't care if they were fake ones that you put them in your skin and then add water on them, she loved them.

she loves the concept of the needle going inside of your skin, knowing that it's a bad thing, but also loving the pain. the first time she ever felt the pain was last year.

she had a needle, ink from a black pen and she had gloves on. first, of course, she read on the internet if it was bad on her skin, if she would get cancer and shit like that. she skimmed through it before sticking and poking. it was a "a." on her skin, it was on her middle finger in her left hand. if meant multiple meanings.

so the next day after what happened she entered ashtrays room with a bright grin on her face. "hey, fuck face, you have needles?" averie asked making the boy groan and roll over his bed throwing the blankets over his body as averie walked over to his curtains pulling them open.

"ashtray, I need needles, a pen, a— oh!" Averie gasped going over to the drawer that was filled with random stuff.

"dude, get the fuck out." ashtray mumbled throwing averie a pillow who threw it back at him.

"I want you to do a stick and poke," averie said before being more specific, "on me."

"what?" ashtray asked sitting up on his bed, rubbing his palm against his eyes. "No. the fuck is wrong with you, go home or whatever I don't care." he did care, he just wasn't in the mood to do whatever averie had in mind.

"fine then, imma go ask Faye to do a stick and poke on me." Averie huffed grabbing all the things she needs starting to walk away, this made ashtray quickly stand up blocking the door.

"fine, fuck fine. just let me get the stuff and I'll do it." Ashtray said not even realizing that he feel right inside of her little trap. Averie grinned watching ashtray head inside of the bathroom.

she dropped all the stuff on the bed, sitting down as well glancing around everywhere in his room. it was simple, nothing to big. he had a few posters of Star Wars movies, a few books that were thrown on the floor, his closet messed up with his clothes.

something that caught her eyes was a picutre frame on the window, it was the only place where it was neat. she stood up walking towards the picture picking it up with a small gasp.

it was her and him. the memory of the picture flashing inside of her mind. fezco took this picture of them. ashtray was sitting on the ground of the store, his back leaned against the freezer, averie had her head on his lap. her eyes were closed and a ghostly smile was on her lips. he also had his head leaned back, his eyes closed and his fingers were playing with her hair.

she never realized how much she missed him up until this very moment. she never thought about how much she blocked him out of her life, how much of the most beautiful memories of her early teenage years were locked away because of how much it hurt to think about them.

"yo, you ready?" ashtray asked walking out of the bathroom slipping on a pair of white doctor gloves. Averie quickly placed the picture frame down glancing over at him with a nod.

He brought him a chair to the bed as she sat down holding her hand out to him. "what do you want?" Ashtray asked, averie took out a drawing that she printed out a few days ago. it's a small one, a spider on the side of her wrist.

ashtray took it away from her spraying water on it, not questioning on why she wanted a spider since he already knew why. it was her mothers favorite animal, and her moms favorite movie. he placed the paper on her wrist pressing on it firmly before taking it off seeing the outline of the spider on her wrist.

ashtray locked eyes with averie who smiled softly nodding her head, silently telling him that she was ready. he tilted his head down and started the stick and poke tattoo.

she winced a few times, but when it went to the second round she got used to it and simply closed her eyes leaning her head against her shoulder.

"ashtray?" she called out after a minute of pure silence and sometimes hearing averie let out a small, ow. he hummed, wiping away some of the blood that came out of her wrist. "why did you stop talking to me?"

he froze a little but brushed it off by continuing doing the tattoo. "I don't know what your talking about."

Averie scoffed watching him closely and carefully. "you do know, don't act stupid. after Fourth of July, you ignored me." Averie said letting out a small cry as he poked to hard, "I remember now."

"still don't know what your talking about." ashtray mumbled, his eyebrows pulling into a complete frown, the tension in the room building up by each second.

she dropped the subject deciding to ask him another time, she knows that ashtray knows exactly what she's talking about. but she wasn't going to force him to talk about it.

so the two sat there, one watching the other stick a needle inside of her skin and the other being careful making sure he doesn't hurt her.

neither of them talking. just a silence between them.