𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. before its too late

CHAPTER TWELVE,before it's too late

CHAPTER TWELVE,
before it's too late

━━━━ "MIJA are you happy?" Alex Alvarez asked his daughter as he was parked in front of the school, the only people there were Lexi Howard and the cast. Averie loosen up her grip on the handle settling back down on her seat as she looked towards her dad.

"yeah, for now." Averie said causing the older hispanic man to tear up a little nodding his head. "dad, are you okay?"

Alex placed his hand on her shoulder shaking it a little, before placing it on her head bringing her close to him kissing the top of her head as a few tears slipping away. "papa?"

"make sure you check on him later, mija." Alex said. Averie's eyes widen pulling away, she has never talked about ashtray to her dad, probably mentioned a boy before but never his name.

"I dont know—"

"check up on that ashtray kid you like later, before the play ends or in the middle. Averie, do it and then leave the house immediately." Alex said giving her daughter the most serious face he has ever given his daughter, "do not, I repeat do not stay inside that house."

"dad, that's lowkey scary me." Averie told him, her voice falling into a whisper. Alex gave her one last smile before unlocking the door to the car.

once she realized that he wasn't going to say anything else averie got out of the car trying to put the puzzle together but it was working.

Alex watched his daughter walk inside of the school, he dropped his head back to the seat. he knew what was going to happen, he knows how much he means to his daughter. he's the person that brought her back before and he brought her back again.

he knew that the only thing keeping averie sane might be taken away from her. but as the chief of the police, he had to make the right decision for them not for his daughter.

"perdóname."

"YOU READY, LEXI!" Averie asked jumping up and down in her spot watching maddy doing the Lexi's make-up.

"nervous." Lexi said with the smile that showed her exact emotions. Averie scoffed grabbing the flowers that she hid behind her back given them to the older girl.

"don't be, Lexi Howard. you are the most talent person I have ever met, besides Maddy." Averie said before tilting her head to the side, "you're going to show everyone who Lexi is and what she is made of."

and she did. the play was the probably the most beautiful and funny thing that Averie has ever seen in her life. her favorite part was when Ethan showed up and Nate Jacobs left along with Cassie.

it was a play about them, about everyone and their struggles, their shitty lives, how fucked up people are actually. Averie even got a small part in the play.

but that wide smile on her face quickly vanished when her phone started to ring, she frowned her eyebrows glancing over at maddy who also wanted to know who was calling her.

Averie picked up her phone answering it. "go now." her dads voice said, it sounded like he was packing something, hurrying up. "what?"

"Averie, go now before it's to late." ashtray. then it the last piece of the puzzle was in place. her dad is a cop, ashtray and his family are drug dealers they have a history of drug dealers, along with some people who are sick of their mind and would do anything out of pure jealousy.

she hung up on her dad standing up without a word and walking out of the auditorium. Kat looked over at maddy who didn't bother telling anyone and following after the younger girl. "Averie, where you going?"

"to ashtray." Averie said not looking behind her as she walked outside to the parking lot. Maddy started to get tired and she stopped walking fast watching as she walked away in a quick pace which soon turned into a sprint.

she ran and ran and ran, she didn't dare to stop. no one ever knows what's going to happen, one minute your fine and the next minute something so special to you can be taken away in a quick second.

no one's happiness last so long, especially in the life of Averie Alvarez. she'll never get that love story she wants, she'll never get those moments with your mother that are core memories, she'll never get to tell her kids how great her teenage years were.

but in her mind was simply the thought of seeing her boyfriend again, even if it's for a split minute before everything goes away.

before everything slips out of her hands.