𝒙𝒊𝒊. broken window

CHAPTER TWELVEbroken window

CHAPTER TWELVE
broken window.

━━━━ SHE felt in peace. her breath was normal, her body was warm and she felt at home. until she remembered where she was sleeping. "shit." she sat up abruptly making the boy besides her groan loudly as he reached forward with his arm wrapping it around her waist bringing her back down to the bed.

"ash, I have to go and help Lexi with the play." Averie whispered to him as she tried to wiggle out of his tight grasp but he wouldn't let go.

"she can wait." he mumbled against the pillow pulling the girl closer to his body. her head landed on his chest. Averie felt a load of butterflies erupt inside of her stomach, her felt her smile against his chest causing a warm sensation to go inside of his body, mostly his stomach. also known as butterflies as well.

"ash," she tilted her head up, but she was in too deep since he already had their whole bodies tangled with each other and the blanket dropped on top of them, the ray of the sun shining inside of the room turning it into a golden color. "ash." she whined a little as he tighten his arms around her to bring her closer than ever.

"If you let me go," averie started to say placing her hands on his cheek to face him down. she lazily opened his eyes with a drowsy smile, "hi, ma."

"ashtray, if you let me go we can spend the rest of the morning and half of the afternoon together before I go to Lexi's." she ignored the way her whole heart did a cartwheel at the sound his a new nickname for her rolling out of his lips.

"deadass?"

"only if you let go of me," averie said but he wasn't letting go causing her to sigh, "right the fuck now."

"LETS GO BOTHER mary-kate." Averie said walking side by side with ashtray who didn't know where the flying hell they were going but he was going to follow her regardless.

"who's that?" ashtray asked, he is enrolled in school but he hardly ever goes. only once a month he goes, honestly he never goes to school so he doesn't really interact with other high schoolers other than averie.

"this one white girl who thinks she's all that," averie shrugged her shoulders before pulling her backpack in front of her body and taking out a cartoon of eggs. "she's also a bitch who annoys everyone."

"has she done something to you?" ashtray asked, he full on agreed with whatever plan averie wanted to do. especially if it involves trespassing.

"only annoy me." Averie said going inside of a driveway that had a green car parked inside. "here's her room." averie whispered as the two crouched down beneath the window.

"oh rocks!" averie whispered with a slight giggle grabbing the rocks and opening up the cartoon of eggs. "which one? choose your weapon, ash."

their eyes locked, which seemed like everytime they did lock eyes time would simply stop along with their breaths until one of them decided to come back to planet earth. ashtray grabbed both of them walking back to the fence before throwing the egg causing it to splash all over the window and then the rock.

Averie gasped doing the same thing but she threw more eggs than rocks. "oh my god. let's throw them at the same time." averie said holding out a bunch of rocks.

soon their fun was over when the window opened showing a blonde hair girl full with pimples and zits, her hair was messy and she had makeup smug all over her face. but when she opened the window averie threw the egg and it landed on her forehead.

the girl gasped and shirked loudly. "oh shit." Averie placed a hand over her mouth to prevent the laughs to escape looking over at ashtray who didn't bother hiding the laugh. his smile was a real one, showing his dimples and the way he looked over at her caused averie to just add more on the list of the things she likes about him.

"Sweetie, what's wrong!" They heard the blondes dad come in a hurry inside of her room. their eyes widen and they both quickly grabbed the backpack shoving everything inside of it.

"go! run!" Ashtray shouted with a laugh behind it making sure that averie was the first one to run out of the driveway. "you rats!" the dad shouted sticking his head out the window.

as the two teenagers in love ran through the empty streets, their laughs filled the atmosphere. if anyone would walk outside of their houses to pick up mail or walk their dog or even the grandmas and grandpas who like sitting outside to read or do something — they would see the lovers run with all they have laughing loudly as in their minds they were focused on the present.

not the past or what is to come, they are focused on right now.

Averie stopped running once they reach in front of the police station where her dad was at. they were both panting heavily, ashtray looked around making sure no one followed them but she was staring at him. her mind running 90 miles per hour.

"that shit was crazy," ashtray said looking back at averie who nodded her head shaking her head. "she looked scary as fuck. definitely gonna have nightmares 'bout her later." the gang jokester said.

"fuck." Averie whispered and he heard causing him to frown and make sure she was okay by walked closer to her. when he was close, her mind continued to run but she knew what she wanted.

she placed her arms around his shoulder as her lips found their way to his. he wanted this as much as she did, but he just didn't expect it to come so soon or for it to even happen. either way it didn't stop him from placing his hands on her waist kissing her back.

instead of butterflies roaming around in their stomachs, fireworks exploded inside of them because after all even after fourth of july when those fireworks went off and his lips attached to hers for the first time — they couldn't stop thinking of each other. even at the age of eleven the universe knew that it would always be them.

Averie slowly pulled back, but he didn't want to just yet. ashtray leaned down positioning his forehead against hers, their eyes looking deep into the others as her arms were still wrapped around his and he still had his around her.

"be my girlfriend, averie." ashtray breathed out looking between her eyes and lips again as he moved a little in his spot. "be with me please. i can't lose you again, I can't stand the thought of not being with you again, averie. be my girlfriend."

Averie laughed with a smile nodding her head, "I'll be yours, ash. in this shitty life and in another life."

young. that's what everyone would call this. young love. 'but they're too young to even know what love is.' yes, that's true but they do know that whatever they're feeling now they want to act towards it not away from it. they know that what they have for each other is stronger that love, is more than love.

young love. oh, but only if they knew how shitty this world actually is, they're lucky they have each other.

young love

young love

young love. it only happens once it your life, and that love stays with you forever even when your old or with someone else.

ashtray and averie are the definition of young love.