"Bee Plush"--Schlatt Angst

Art Credit: I CAN NEVER FIND THE OG ARTIST >:[ 

"Bee Plush"--Schlatt Angst

AU: Canon AU, DadSchlatt AU 

This is another pretty popular headcanon, but I like to write my versions :] 

This is inspired by an animatic called "Beautiful Boy"  by Tartsy_891! Go check it out! :] 

I'll try to explain my Puffy Family/DadSchlatt headcanon some other time lol- I have a whole thing, man- 

A little Background: This has Dadschlatt and MamaPuffy AU! Schlatt is Tubbo's dad and Puffy is Tubbo's mom. Dream is not Puffy's bio son ( And Is not Tubbo's bio brother) and is not present in this period. Again, I'll try to explain the AU in another oneshot. 

Written by: Waffle (me) :] 

Get comfy and grab some water and snacks, this is a long one :] 

TW: crying, intru$ive thoughts, aband0ment, mentions of dr1nking/alcoh0l, cursing. 

-----------------

Things had been so much harder since the spilt. 

Schlatt knew it was his fault. God, everything was always his fault. He always found a way to fuck things up, and he hated it. 

She didn't do anything wrong. She was perfect; beautiful, kind, smart, strong.... he could go on and on. Yet, of course, he had to ruin everything he had with the girl he truly did love. He lost his love, his family, his children... 

Why was he so stupid? Why did he have to let this stupid addiction, those stupid thoughts, get to his head? Why did he give it all up for what-- power? Satisfaction? Drinks? He didn't know. 

Either way, he hoped she was alright. 

Cara is strong, she can take care of herself. He reminded himself, trying to push down the ever-growing guilt that lived in the pit of his stomach.  

He knew she'd be okay. Hell, she's probably doing better now he's gone. Why was he feeling sympathy for her? This is more of a blessing. He was a shitty-ass person, anyone who got the chance to run away from him was lucky. 

You see, when the divorce happened, they made a compromise. Well, they didn't talk to a compromise, but the yelling and recklessness of the whole thing was enough on its own.  

The compromise was that Schlatt would take Toby and Puffy would keep Lani. Lani was only 1 or 2 and Toby was not much older; he recently turned 4. Both Puffy and Schlatt felt bad for having to separate them; they were already so close, even at such a young age. 

But alas, the split happened. Schlatt left with little to no money; they didn't have much money, to begin with, so both of them were already in a bad place. 

Schlatt left to a place he heard of a few times-- the Dream SMP. Schlatt had seen little information about the SMP, but he knew that it was the biggest and most important landmark. All Schlatt knew was that conflict happened often and it could be hard to get in; but surely they would have sympathy for a poor, single father and his 4-year-old son, right? It was a place to call home, and that's all that mattered to him at the moment. 

Luckily, they found a small, cheap place to live in. There, he would try to raise sweet little Toby the best he could. 

But soon money became small. Then scarce. Then gone.