EPILOGUE

In a way, it shouldnt have come as such of a shock. anyone in Lucifer's life had known he hadn't been ok for a while. but they all hoped he was doing better. he was doing better. but sometimes that's not enough.

it broke Ranboo's heart to find out Luci's parents weren't giving him a funeral. so that left it to him, and Amira and Phil who insisted on helping. and as Ranboo suited up, he felt empty.

"are you nervous to do your speech?"

Ranboo turned to see Phil by the door. silently, Ranboo nodded. Phil sighed. it had been a while since a lot of them had streamed. they didn't know how they could right now.

"c'mere." Phil said and Ranboo instantly walked over, wrapping his arms around the man.

Ranboo let out a shaky breath, trying not to cry. he couldnt. he had to stay strong because so many people needed him to be strong right now. but not Phil. Phil understood. slowly, Ranboo pulled out of the hug, wiping his eyes.

"it's gonna be alright, mate." Phil mumbled, "just gotta make it through today, yeah?"

suddenly, Wilbur walked into the room. he smiled softly at Ranboo. he was holding a small glass of whiskey and Phil shot him a disappointed look.

"be mad at me for drinking if you want but i don't think I'll be able to make it through today without this." Wilbur told him.

his eyes were already red so Ranboo knew he had already been crying. Tommy refused to see anyone before the funeral for the same reason. and as for Tubbo, he barely even got up for the funeral.

"Toby is waiting for us." Wilbur spoke softly, "he uh he's got his eulogy and everything. you got yours?"

Ranboo nodded, "yeah I'm just hoping I don't fuck it up."

"well if you do just remember Lucifer would make fun of you for it." Phil pointed out.

Ranboo chuckled softly, withholding the sob that came with it, "yeah he would, wouldn't he?"

Ranboo stood upfront infront of everyone who could make it. he was thankful they did. Tommy, Tubbo, Wilbur Phil, Amira. all of them made the effort to be there. and as Ranboo stood before them, his heart broke a little more.

"when I met Lucifer, he was drunk in a parking lot in the middle of San Francisco. and they basically told me to get lost. he had been crying on stream and although I didn't know him I felt I had to check on them. and i feel that really summed us up. they didn't need me. he really didnt. but I guess really I needed him.

everyone likes to believe they're a good person. but Lucifer, he was the best person. he was my person. everyone who knew him knew that they were the sweetest. like he always tried to do nice things for people. he was a people pleaser really. trying to do nice things like they owed us the world.

I remember, one time he went with me, Toby and Tom to build a bear and insisted he and Toby got matching bears. they then proceeded to pay for our bears and ordered us all pizza later that night. they cared about us. all of us.

he was one of the best people I knew. no matter how hard it got for them they let me help them. he let me wash his hair. he let me bring him cereal in bed. and the one time I got sick, he did everything they could to look after me like he was paying me back.

but Luci never needed to pay me back. because he made me so unconditionally happy. that was the best thing about having them. I came home to his gorgeous smile and he would always be planning something for dinner like we were already married. with the way he talked I think they believed we already were.

but honestly, I don't think I can imagine a world without him. I don't even want to but sometimes you just have to be realistic. I've been in denial about losing my Luci since I heard about it because I just wanted one last moment with them. I wanted the rest of my life with him really. and in a way I will. because he's always gonna be a big part of my life. and because I'm never taking this bracelet he got me off, because I won't forget him. how could I ever forget them?"

by the end of his eulogy, Ranboo had tears streaming down his face. he quickly went to sit back down beside Tubbo. instantly his best friend reached out and squeezed his hand.

on the other side of him, Amira gently patted his arm. she just nodded at him in understanding. because she understood better than anyone.

they loved Lucifer. how could they not? whether he was there or not, they impacted everyone there. he was someone you couldn't forget.

and as Ranboo stared down at the bracelet on his wrist, he let himself believe it was Lucifer holding tightly onto his wrist. holding it and assuring him everything was okay.

♡˗,✎*ೃ˚🖇:;
↳ ❝ 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 ❞

I wanted to give you all this so you actually got the reactions of others and Ranboo's final words for Luci.

please don't get mad at me in the comments bc yall have no idea how hard this was to write without crying for the fifth time today!!! /lh /nm