Epilogue

20

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!

Nico's POV

"I think you have to let go." Will said sitting next to Nico.

"I can't." he answered looking at the early morning sun.

Will signed. Nico never woke up early like he did, but today was different. "It's been two years, everyone seems to be doing better after all this time but you. You have to let someone fix this."

"You don't understand Will." he said lowering his gaze. "No one can fix this but him."

"But maybe if you let them try..."

"You can't Will, you have to understand it."

"You'll never now if you keep pushing away everyone that cares for you!" Will snapped but suddenly regretted it.

"Maybe because I don't want to be fixed anymore!" He answered back. "I may end broken anyways." he said a little softer.

"I'm sorry Nico."

"Don't be." he said standing up. "I'm leaving, I don't think I'll be going to capture the flag today. I want to be alone, please don't bother me."

Nico turned around and went to dinner pavilion to have something to eat. When he arrived there was nothing left but some fruit. He looked at the apples and decided that he'll wait 'till lunch.

He didn't know what to do, he wasn't in the mood of doing anything. He could always go with Jason or Piper but he didn't know where they were. And he had ditched Will this morning so he had no friends left.

He went to the archery arena and sat down just to see how the Apollo kids shoot their arrows, somehow it relaxed him. He watched for a couple minutes until a circle of water appear in front of him.

"Hi Nico." Hazel said through the iris message.

"Hey." he said with a small smile.

"How are you?"

"I guess I'm fine." he said trying to keep his smile up, for Hazel not to worry.

"Try to go through today normally okay?" And now Nico knew why Hazel was calling. Last year he went completely mad, almost killing half of the campers that passed by him and ending in the depths of the Asphodel Meadows looking for Leo. Hazel and Percy had to bring him back because he was almost vanishing in the shadows.

Nico just nodded, he knew that he'll never find him. He was losing hope day by day.

"Nico." Hazel said because he had zoned out.

"I'm sorry what?"

"I'll be there tomorrow okay?" Nico nodded, "Today... you know-"

"I understand," he said knowing that Hazel couldn't say the words.

"Take care, call me if you need me." she said in a worried tone.

"Okay," Nico said slightly smiling.

"Bye." she said ending the IM.

Nico sighed. He wanted this day to end and seeing someone else who would remind him which day was today would end him so he went directly to his cabin.

When he arrived, he locked the door and sat on his bed. He passed his hand through his now short hair and bit his lip. He promised himself that he wouldn't cry. Not anymore, not since that night.

'Maybe if you hadn't left his side he would still be here.' He thought remembering the last time he saw Leo. He promised to come back and that they'll see each other again. But they never did. He never came back.