Don't stay

12

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!

Calypso's POV.

"A love potion? But how that's going to- OH!" Leo said standing up finally knowing what she meant.

"Oh Gods Leo, at times like this I start wondering how can you fix things." Calypso said half annoyed by Leo for taking so long to figure out and half smiling.

He glared at Calypso but anyway walked towards her and hugged her from behind. She stiffened at his action but didn't move him away. Leo placed his chin on Calypso's shoulder to take a look at the book and she could feel his hot breathing against his neck, "Leo."

"Mmhh?"

"What are you doing?" she said trying to make her voice not to sound shaky considering the fact that almost all her body was touching Leo and that his breath was tickling her skin in a pleasant way. She may be a eons year old goddess but she was still a female.

"I'm just looking at your book Caly. Is that bothering you?" he said it in the sweetest tone that she ever heard and she was about to melt in his arms.

"N-not at all."

"Are you, Calypso the goddess, stuttering?" he asked half smiling.

"No I'm not!" she said clearly but there was Leo's breath again and she could feel him laughing against her. She was weak again.

"Cal-Cal," he said and she smiled.

"Yes?" she said and Leo pecked his neck and moved away from her. Her eyes where open wide now.

"We need to talk." he said serious.

"I know," she said knowing what he was talking about.

They sat on the bed facing each other. Calypso laying against the wall hugging her legs and Leo right in front of her. "Well as you may not know, considering that you were kind of zoned out for a while," she blushed, " I actually read the whole page about the potion."

"What? All of it? How?" she said surprised.

"I don't know, it's like reading instructions and you took a lot of time to answer."

She nodded and also wanted to say that it was his fault but she didn't.

"The point is that I'm not letting you do this." he said looking at her straight on the eyes.

"Why not?" she asked confused.

"Have you seen the secondary effects that this thing has?" she nodded, "Calypso," he said softly taking his hand, "I'm not letting you suffer like this."

Her heart skipped a beat and she smiled sadly, "Don't worry for me Fireboy, I'll be fine."

Leo shook his head, "No, don't do this."

"I have to, you have a world to save and people you love out there. You can't stay."

"But I'm not leaving you." he said placing her hand on his lips.

"And I'm not letting you stay." Leo was about to say something else but she cut him off, "Now go to sleep, tomorrow you have a lot of work to do and I have a potion to make."

He just shook his head and left. Calypso knew it wasn't fair for him but she also knew it was the only way.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The next morning she woke up early and prepared the ingredients. She opened the book that she had unconsciously placed on the desk last night after Leo's 'We need to talk.'