Blood-red apple

2

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN! 

Leo woke up in a good mood. It had been a dreamless sleep; he didn't get that very often. After a horrible all-night shift, the least he could get was some good sleep. Memories of last night returned. Nico di Angelo knew his secret, his real self. Not even Piper or Jason seemed to notice he wasn't okay. He removed all that thoughts from his mind. This wouldn't ruin his good mood, not today. 

He sat up, rubbed his eyes and stared at the door until his vision was clear. He jumped out of the bed and dressed up quickly, he hadn't realized how hungry he was. His last meal had been like 12 hours ago? The growl from his stomach made him realize he had been standing still instead of heading towards the kitchen.

The only thing Leo could hear while walking through the hall was his steps. He started thinking of breakfast; maybe he'll eat 4 eggs and 3 pancakes? Gods, he was starving. Suddenly he crashed with something. He under his gaze to encounter with a broken plate, eggs with bacon spread all over the floor. When he raised his gaze he saw something he regretted, an angry Piper giving him a death glare. "So-sorry Pipes." He apologized waiting for her to start yelling at him.

Instead, Piper gave him a sweet smile and said. "It's okay Repair Boy, it wasn't for me."

"And it was for..." 

"You," Piper interrupted. "I made you breakfast since you stayed up all night and it's almost 2 o'clock, but I guess you can't eat that anymore."

"Owww Pipes! C'mere," Leo approached and gave her a hug. "You are awesome Beauty Queen."

"I know," Piper said ending the hug, a huge smile looming on her face. "And now I'm going to make another breakfast, while you clean this mess, understood?"

"Yes ma'am," Leo said, already bending to reach the pieces of the broken plate.

When both Piper and Leo were done they sat together. Piper places a new eggs-bacon breakfast in front of Leo and he gave her the biggest smile he could. They started to talk about random things. That was the thing with Piper, Leo could spend hours talking to her about everything and nothing at the same time. When they were discussing whether Piper rather eats a butterfly or her toe, Leo heard footsteps approaching.

The raven-boy entered through the doorway rubbing his eyes which seemed very tired. He stared at them. "Hey, Ghost King," Leo said trying to seem as happy as he could, he didn't have to try very hard because Piper had upper his minds. Nico rolled his eyes at the mention of the nickname Leo had given him and looked away, Leo did too. Piper didn't and noticed the corners of Nico's mouth lifted slightly but when she blinked it was all gone.

Nico took a blood-red apple and stepped out of the kitchen. Leo was staring at her plate and raised his gaze to look at Piper who was giving him a mischievous grin. "What?" Leo asked confused.

"Nothing," Piper's grin grew bigger. "I'm going to check on the deck."

Leo stared flatly at the wall trying to figure out what had just happened. Until he heard someone screaming, Piper's scream.  He stood up and ran to the deck.

The first thing he saw was Piper's hands covering her mouth and tears falling down her cheeks. Then Nico standing beside her, inadvertently his apple had fallen into the floor. They were looking at Jason's motionless body lying on the floor.