Superman

3

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO RICK RIORDAN!

When Leo could finally figure out what was happening, Piper was already kneeling beside Jason. Leo could hear her murmuring things to herself, but he couldn't make them into words. He went and kneeled on Piper's opposite side. He took Jason's wrist to measure his pulse, he was just unconscious. By Leo's deduction, Jason had hit his head, because he had a string of blood down the side of his head. He turned to face Piper. "He's alive Pipes, everything is going to be okay."

Leo tried to lift Jason but it was obvious, his scrawny body couldn't lift Jason's muscular one. He looked around and spotted Frank, who had changed physically on their last stop in Venice. "Hey Zhang, I need your new muscles." Frank rolled his eyes but still hurried to help Jason.

They headed to the infirmary. Coach Hedge had already set everything up so he could attend Jason. Frank placed Jason in the bed and stared at him. "Go away cupcakes, the doctor needs to work!" Coach shouted and started to clean Jason's wound.

Leo went back to the kitchen, he hadn't finished his breakfast but he wasn't hungry anymore so he threw it away. He decided to return to the deck, where everyone else was. He wanted to know what happened.

When he arrived, he saw Hazel and Frank comforting Piper, although Hazel had tears falling down her cheeks too. Leo kneeled beside Piper, who was hugging her legs and whispered. "He's fine Piper, don't worry." Piper lifted her head and smiled weakly, it was a matter of seconds after the smile disappeared and she burst out into tears again. He threw her arms around Leo's neck and sobbed louder.

"I made him fall, Leo! It was my fault and I just stared at him like a fool!" she shouted in Leo's chest between sobs.

"Pipes, listen to me," he looked at her and she lifted her head. "He is okay now and it wasn't your fault, okay?"

Piper nodded and sighed. "Thanks, Leo, for everything."

"You know I'll always be here for you Beauty Queen. Now, go and check on your Superman, he needs you." Leo smiled at her and she did too. Before leaving she pecked him on the cheek and hugged him again.

When Piper left, he turned to Hazel and Frank. "I want to know what happened."

He sat on the deck listening to Hazel and Frank who took turns to tell the story. Apparently, a group of ventus arrived when Jason came to talk to them. They were fighting pretty well considering that they were 3 against 20 since Nico had gone to the kitchen on Hazel's orders. Frank and Jason were fighting the storm spirits in the air (Frank as an eagle), while Hazel was in charge of the lower ones. They were almost done when Piper came to the deck but Jason got distracted and a ventus hit him from behind. That was when he fell but Hazel and Frank were too busy to notice. Piper's scream made them realize what was happening and when Frank killed the last ventus, Jason was already unconscious.

"Superman distracted by Pipes once again, what are we going to do with him?" he said when Hazel and Frank were over.

"So indeed, it was Piper's fault," Frank said, ignoring him.

"Yeees, but we are not going to tell her that because it will just make things worse," Leo said in a defensive tone.

"And we are her friends," Hazel added. "Leo is right; we should keep it this way."

Frank nodded and took Hazel's hand then she smiled at him lovingly. They were lost in each other. Leo didn't want to be the third-wheel so he walked away and went with Festus, he had to see what had to be repaired.

He heard what the dragon had to say through creaks and squeaks. When he was done, he went over everything in his mind so he wouldn't forget. Okay, he had to fix the mast that was too weak to last any other attack, some boards on the floor had to be replaced, the sails of the ship had... He heard a loud noise.

"Did you hear that Festus?" the dragon creaked; Leo took that as a 'yes'. "I'm going to check on it, okay buddy?"

Leo walked to the rooms; Festus had told him that the sound came from there. The first one was Percy's room, that was currently occupied by Nico. The door was ajar, so Leo just pushed a little bit so he could take a look inside.

He found Nico di Angelo in the bed. He was leaning against the wall with his legs placed towards his chest, he had a hand on his forehead and his eyes were closed. He was breathing heavily. A million thoughts came to his mind but the words left his mouth without permission. "Nico, are you okay?"

Leo realized what he had said. He stared at Nico, who had opened his eyes, his piercing dark brown eyes. He took a step back but then Nico's tough glance broke apart and he buried head on his knees. A few seconds later Leo heard a very soft whisper. "No."