Chapter 1

A tired king sits there quietly on his throne,awaiting some news from one of his servants that the time of freedom has come..alas,no news of the sort comes...

Welcome to the world of Nexus where a glorious,kind and gentle king,Atem,rules.

-------------------------------------------------------

A young boy,about fifteen,runs down a long path of green to meet his friends..they have just gotten off of school for the day...the young fifteen year old,Yugi,would soon find himself talking to,and possibly falling for,the king who rules Nexus...

Welcome to the city of Domino,where young duelists find things of myth and wonder

‐---‐-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Joey! Wait up!" Yugi called out to the taller kid who was waiting at the end of the path..Joey snickered to himself "What,can't yeh keep up,Yuge?" he said as a joke,once Yugi had caught up he punched Joey in the arm before falling back from being tired of running "You know I have bad cardio...jeeze" he said in a huff of breath...after awhile of waiting,the two set off again,only to be joined by the others..Tristan and Tea..the two where waiting for Joey and Yugi to show up so they can have a 'best of' contest in a duel...after a few hours,Joey threw down his cards in frustration and sighed "You're still da best of da best,Yuge" he said with a smile,Yugi only shyly smiled and chuckled as he picked up his cards...after another hour or two,it started to get late so the teens all said their goodbyes and headed home for the day...as soon as he got close to the shop like home he had lived in with his grandfather,it started to rain.."Great..stupid rain,why now?" Yugi said as he started to pick up pace,suddenly he came to a stop upon hearing a voice down a nearby ally...he went over..."H..helo?" he called out..no answer.."Anyone there?" he called again..this time he heard a very faint 'Help' in a whisper,Yugi got closer only to stumble upon a gold mirror..he picked it up and looked at it "A..mirror?" he questioned why he heard a voice from it..that's when he heard it again,but this time he saw someone reflected..it wasn't himself..it was of someone else..."Whoa...I thought I was alone..." Yugi then said as he looked around.."You are,well..you were...listen,I need your help..WE need your help" the one in the reflection said,Yugi shook his head in disbelief..a talking reflection that wasn't his own,how could that happen.."Wha..me? But I don't know you..nor do I know how you are talking to me through a mirror" ...the one in the mirror shook his head "My name is Atem,myself and my people have been trapped inside a mirror world..we got here because of someone who used a spell..we need someone to let us out! So will you help us?" ...Yugi sighed and rubbed the back of his head "I guess..I mean..what's in it for me?.." he asked.."Anything you could ask for..just please,help us!" Atem pleaded..Yugi once again sighed but then he nodded "Alright..I'll do my best!" he said with a shy smile,the one in the mirror bowed his head "Thank you-" .."Oh..my name..I haven't told you yet...have I?" Yugi then said,cutting Atem off.."No..you have not,what would your name be?" he asked.."My name is Yugi" Yugi said in a soft tone,Atem smiled "I thank you again..Yugi..for wanting to help" he then said...and with that..Yugi headed home with the mirror,he talked to and asked Atem questions on his way,the two later came in agreement to keep Atem and the mirror a secret until others were ready to know about them...only...how well will that secret be kept?