Chapter 14

Once morning came,the two where up and where ready for the day...they headed out to some places,some where places that yugi picked others atem had picked...once they got done,they sat down at a nearby cafe and talked things over...yugi would shiver every now and then,as he still felt the magic of the pendant,he still felt abit off..he was unsure why he felt that way and like he couldn't leave atems side for some odd reason...atem however just smiled as he watched yugi and talked with him..soon enough the question came up..
"Yugi.." Atem had started "..where would you like our palace to be?"
Yugi blinked abit in confusion "Our palace?" he asked with a head tilt
"Yes,our palace...the place that will be our home and where we shall rule"
Yugi almost got up out of his seat "Rule?..Atem you can't do that here!...." he had shouted in a hushed tone,however his sentence has trailed off slightly as if he wanted to admit to something..
"Yes but..wouldn't it be nice to have power over the ones you don't like...over the ones that had hurt you in the past or even now?" Atem asked with a grin,Yugi shook his head unable to understand why his Partner was talking like and asking this stuff "Atem...if we were in Egypt then I would love to rule by your side but...we're in Japan..a place where no one rules..so I don't understa-" he was suddenly cut off by the ringing of his phone,Atem sighed and looked away..Yugi checked to see who was calling him,but he ignored it seeing as it was just one of his friends...that is when Atem got up and went over to Yugi,suddenly knocking him out of his seat
"Atem!? Why did you do-" he started to say before getting cut off again,however this wasn't by his phone...it was by Atem who had suddenly put his hand over his mouth...
"Quiet...I have the feeling that someone is watching us..." Yugi slightly head tilted as Atem pulled his hand away and helped the boy up,they both looked around...oddly no one else was moving...the people around them had frozen like time had stopped...
"Yugi...the only way I can keep you safe is if we both rule this place" Atem said as he tried to figure out what was going on...
"I know you want to keep me safe but-"
"I love you Yugi...and I will do everything within my power to keep you safe,you only have to agree to my word,it's all I'm asking"
Yugi sighed "Well...alright...I'll rule with you but I'm going to have to keep it hidden awhile.."
Atem nodded and smiled "Good...now do me a favor.."
Yugi head tilted once again in question only to hear Atem say "....Run..." and with the spoken word,Yugi ran without question...he ran all the way back to his grandfathers shop...once he got inside,he locked the door and the windows...suddenly,just as he was going to hide,there was a pounding on the door...
"Let me in...I know you're in there!" a voice came from outside...it sounded familiar,evil,but familiar...Yugi shook his head and stayed quiet...
"I know you're in there...I will find my way in even if I have to destroy this whole building!"
Was that Dartz?...no it couldn't have been...Yugi shook his head once again,only to see the door suddenly get knocked in...someone with greenish blue hair had come in,they had white robes on that looked to be stained with either dirt or blood...they looked around...
"If I can't have what I want....then you don't get what you want!" they said in a taunting tone as Atem was suddenly brought forward...he looked beaten and bruised,a bit of blood was running from the corner of his mouth...Yugi chose not to look,his magic however started to form around him...
"I have your pharaoh...come out and get him..or you won't have him around for much longer!" the man said as he laughed...Atem only growled and hoped that Yugi wasn't listening..suddenly the man who was holding Atem got swept away by black magic,Atem fell to his knees and let out a huff of breath as he tried to compose himself..Yugi then came out of his hiding spot,walked past Atem and over to the man...
"Yugi,don't!" Atem said as he reached out to Yugi..
"You think..you can come around here and hurt my friends...my Partner no less?" Yugi had started to say in a dark and eerie tone as darkness started to surround him "You...made a mistake...Dartz!" it was at this point that Yugi had something sharp in his hand,something that he had picked up on his way out of his hiding spot...Atem watched in shock,not bothering to move...
The man shook and tried to back away "I-I'm not Dartz!" he said in a panic,all Yugi could do was laugh at him..he only saw the face and heard the voice of Dartz when ever he looked at the man in front of him...he already got separated from Atem once,that was what he remembered...the shadows swirled around him as he held the man close and raised whatever sharp thing he was holding.."You think..you can lie to me...I know you're Dartz,I won't let you separate us again!" he shouted,suddenly lunging the sharp object towards the mans chest....Atem looked away for a few seconds...only when he looked back,he saw Yugi standing there,the object still in his hand the shadows still swirling around him...
"Yugi.." he said as he swallowed hard..Yugi looked over at Atem and went over to him causing him to back up slightly...Yugi smiled at him and put his hand on his cheek
"Atem...I would never harm you..ever,please don't be scared"
"But yugi..you just-"
"I know,I didn't want to do that...I had no choice.."
"This magic...it's corrupting you..slowly it seems"
Yugi smiled some as he tossed the sharp object away "Atem...I will be by your side always,even if it means that I'd have to become the one person I have vowed on staying away from" ..Atem blinked but knew exactly what Yugi meant..the wings that Atem had started to form slightly..they would wrap around Yugi and pull him into a hug...
"This world...is our Mirror now...we are forever trapped here,unable to escape..so let us rule it together,Aibou...so nothing can rip us apart ever again" ..hearing Atems words and feeling his embrace,Yugi nodded...

After a few hours of cleaning up and repairing things..the two had set off on another journey..one to find where they would set a palace to live in....after a few months,Yugi was never seen in Domino city ever again,his friends tried to call him but they just got ignored which was unlike Yugi to do,he would only answer if it was his grandfather or any other family he had..

After a few years...the world had changed to how they wanted it to be..
The two lived in isolation...happily ruling the world as chaos slowly spread to the countries that had yet to feel their influence...over time Yugi started to become more corrupted by the pendant he still held on to..however..
"Corruption won't change how I feel for my Partner or for this 'Mirror' we live in"

~FIN~