Doctor

The rest of the event was full of laughter and joy. When Arthit joined everyone else in tying some of the freshmen's wrists, he saw Prem talking to the freshmen who had walked out on the meeting early on. They seemed to be talking in a peaceful manner so he didn't think there was any reason to interrupt them.

Over an hour later, people began to leave the field. This was a good thing as Arthit had been yawning for the last 30 minutes and his friends had started to notice.

It was a few minutes until 9 pm when the hazers were finally able to leave the field after cleaning up and taking down the lights and other decorations.

Waving good bye, Tutah and Bright went in the same direction as their rooms were in the same building.

Arthit walked in the direction of his dorm only to be startled when a dark figure stepped out of an alley. He immediately went into fight mode, crouching with his fists out in front on him.

The figure gave a laugh before speaking.

"Arthit, it's me. I won't hurt you or our baby, so calm down."

Hearing the familiar voice, Arthit relaxed and stood up straight again.

"Why are you here? Waiting in the shadows to scare the hell out of me?"

Kongpob chuckled, "Of course not. I was waiting for you to be done for the day. I was hoping I could stay at your room for the night, so I can wake you up for our appointment tomorrow."

Arthit sighed, but nodded, knowing this would be the best option, especially since it was so hard to wake himself up in the mornings.

********

Arthit woke the next morning to Kongpob kissing his ear. This made him jerk forward and away from the action. Kongpob knew his ears were super sensitive, but he always insisted on messing with them.

"Good morning, sleepyhead. It is almost 8am and you need to get ready. It will take about 30 minutes to make it to the doctor's office, so we will leave at 8:25." Kongpob's words reminded Arthit why he was being woken up so early.

With this new motivation, it took Arthit 20 minutes to get showered and dressed. Then the two were out the door and riding along on Kongpob's motorbike.

They arrived at the doctor's, checked in and sat down to wait. Arthit was a mess of excitement and anxiety as he sat there. He was excited to find out if they really were expecting their second child. But at the same time he was anxious about it.

'Will this time around be the same? What if our parents are mad at us for not being more careful? Will they not want to help us or have anything to do with either of us anymore?'

Kongpob could obviously tell that something was wrong because he reached over and put his arm around the older man's shoulders.

"P', Stop overthinking. Don't worry, we will deal with whatever happens. Remember, I am here with you, always. And I doubt your friends will leave you alone because of this. I mean, P'Tutah for example. He has a cousin who has the same differences that you do." Kongpob reminded him.

Arthit nodded and then smiled. Kongpob really did know what to say everytime. Deciding not to think anymore on his worries for now, he looked around. That is when he noticed the other people around them.

Correction. Women around them. Several were looking at him oddly. He wasn't sure why at first, but then he realized that this doctor specialized in pregnancy and babies. So he could understand why it would seem strange to them that he was there with his boyfriend.

"Rajnapat?" The sound of his name made him glance up to see the nurse standing at the door to the exam room.

"That's me." He said, standing up. Kongpob also stood and followed through the door after the nurse.

The exam room was just as Kongpob remembered it. Seeing the sterile room with the paper covered table brought back memories of seeing Fiat on the ultra sound machine. He couldn't wait to see their baby again on that screen, if they were expecting.

Arthit sat on the table as instructed by the nurse. They spoke about the general things like weight, height, history, and the reason they were there before the nurse brought out the caddy with the blood collection kit. The nurse didn't seem to be phased at the information that this man was possibly pregnant.

Kongpob figured that she had been filled in by the doctor on their situation.

After gathering the blood, they were told it would take 15-20 minutes to process but then the doctor would be in to talk to them about the results.

Left alone, Arthit climbed down from the table to sit in the chair next to his younger partner. Leaning his head on Kongpob's shoulder, he took a deep breath.

"So... If you are pregnant, do you have a way you want to tell your friends? Like something fun or funny we can do?" Kongpob asked. Arthit laughed at that, but shook his head, lifting it to look at Kongpob.

"Not really. I didn't think this would happen again so soon. I mean, Fiat isn't even 2 yet and I still have to finish my schooling, so our parents... I don't know if they will want to help us with the new baby. And if they don't, what are we going to do?" Arthit was revving up to start panicking, but Kong took one of his hands to try and calm him.

"You shouldn't worry about that right now. We don't know if you are or not. Also, I am sure we could find someone else to help us with the kids if it is necessary." He watched Arthit take another breath. "While we wait to find out, let's talk about ideas on how to tell them. Let's do something fun. And if we don't use it now, we could always use it later", Kong smiles, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

They began planning a very elaborate and yet simple scheme to let each of their friends know. Before they knew it, there was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in. The man walked to the chair with his file and sat down. Opening the file, he smiled as he looked up at the couple.

"Congratulations. You are pregnant."

At these words, Kongpob's smile widened and Arthit's eyes filled with tears. Realizing what he was doing, he reached up to wipe the tears away. He didn't want Kong or the doctor to see him cry.

He wasn't sad.

In fact, he was really happy. So happy about this news. But with his emotions being out of control already, he couldn't hold the tears in. Kongpob wrapped his arm around his partner to try and comfort him, but didn't say anything to him. Instead, he addressed the doctor.

"So, we have done this once before, but tell us what we do now. I know we need to get somethings for the baby's health, but is there anything else?"

"Well, the prenatal care will be the same. It might change as the baby develops, but we will adapt as we go along. We will schedule appointments each month for the first 5 months, then to twice a month for 2 months and then every week until baby is ready to be born. We will need to do an ultrasound to find out baby's age, but once we do we can figure out a little more. I will go order the scan and someone will be back to collect you." The doctor said and walked out the door again, leaving the two in silence.