Someone to Trust

"Yes, well. I also have the same.. anomaly. I can also carry babies. In fact, Kongpob and I have a son together as well as 2 more on the way now." Arthit said, placing his hand on his extended belly.

"Well, then congratulations." Wad said, allowing himself to relax. He was obviously happy that these two people weren't going to judge him for his difference.

"Thank you. Congrats to you both as well. When are you due?" Kongpob asked.

"June 8th. What about you?" Wad said unknowingly.

"Umm.. Prem? Didn't we tell you when our babies were due?" Arthit asked, his eyes wide. Prem shook him head.

"Not that I can remember, but at the time I found out about you, I was still reeling from learning about Wad and our baby. He found out when he was already 8 weeks and he didn't know how to tell me. So a week before you told us, I found out that I was going to be a father. Why? When are you due?"

"June 8th. So, I take it that means your baby was made the same time ours were." Kong said, after glancing at Arthit, who was trying really hard not to turn red at the topic.

"Wow, what a coincidence. I mean, a lot of us got drunk that night, so, I guess it's not that surprising. What are the chances?" Prem asked, not expecting an answer.

"So that means the reason you were at the doctor's office today was your 13th week check up, right?" Arthit stated.

"Yes."

"Don't take this in a bad way, but I'm so glad there is someone else going through this with me." Arthit smiled at Wad. The younger man smiled back.

"So you're 13 weeks along? With one, I assume. You're not showing at all from what I can see. I mean, P'Arthit didn't start really showing with Fiat until 18 weeks, but there was still a small bump before then." Kongpob stated.

"Yes, well. The doctor said that some people don't show at all during their whole pregnancy, so we never know. I mean, it is a good thing that I'm not showing, so that I can keep it a secret longer."

"Of course. I remember that it was really hard to hide my belly when I was expecting Fiat. Have you told anyone else?"

"Not yet. I'm not really sure how to tell my mom and my dad isn't in the picture. I think mom will be happy about this, though. She is usually the type of person to let me be myself and accepts things as they are."

"That's good then. When we were expecting Fiat, we didn't tell anyone before he was born. It was only after that we needed to say something. My parents didn't know how to react as I had never told them that I was dating anyone. And they only recently learned that I was the one to carry Fiat, not my partner. But they were happy to have their grandchild to take care of." Arthit explained.

"We haven't told them about these two yet, but we plan to today." Kongpob glanced down at his watch. "Speaking of, we need to get going. We told them we would meet them at 1 for lunch."

Wad nodded. "Good luck."

"Thanks. And if you need anything or have any questions that I may be able to answer, feel free to call." Arthit offered, looking at Wad then Prem. They both nodded before Arthit and Kongpob left.

********

The two arrived at Kongpob's parent's house just before 1. They walked into the house to see Fiat running around the front room area giggling as Arthit's mom, Preeda, chased after him. The little boy had learned how to run a few weeks before and hadn't stopped since.

The little boy spotted the two in the doorway and changed course, running to Arthit.

"Mama, dada!!"

Swinging him up into the air, Arthit laughed as his baby giggled and landed safely back in him arms.