Hope and The Future

Wad was released from the hospital a few hours later after the doctor checked on him and the baby one more time. The two couples went their own way in the parking lot after Prem got Wad in his car.

Getting into Kong's car, Arthit buckled up and waited silently for Kongpob to get in. He was very much in his own mind about what had happened. He was now worried that he hadn't been eating well enough for his babies.

'I should make an appointment for tomorrow or the next day. Just to check. I know my doctor said at my last appointment that the babies are looking good and healthy, but maybe he missed something.' His thoughts were interrupted by Kongpob's hand covering his clenched fists that were shaking in his lap.

"Hey. Don't worry. I can almost hear your thoughts. You are doing everything right by our babies." Kongpob tried to reassure him. Starring at his partner, he waited. Arthit made eye contact and watched the love that Kongpob had for him show in his eyes.

'This man is so cheesy. But he is cheesy for me. He loves me. And he loves our babies. I...'

"I want to marry you."

Arthit didn't realize he had said this part out loud until Kongpob smiled and said,

"And want to marry you, too. We can talk about that when we get home if you want. It is kind of late, but you don't have an early class tomorrow."

Arthit could feel his face turning red. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing would come out.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean to say that, but that's okay. I want that too but we will discuss it more at home." Kongpob pat Arthit's hand before starting to drive then home.

As they made their way home, Arthit was internally panicking.

'Why did I say that? I am so embarrassed!! I mean, it's true. I do want to marry him, but I didn't mean to say it to him. I hope he doesn't think...' Arthit thoughts were interrupted by Kongpob's hand finding it's way back on to his lap. He looked up to see his boyfriend driving with one hand and glancing over at him.

"Stop. Don't worry about it. You have too many things that you are worrying about and that isn't good for the babies. Take a deep breath and relax a little." Kongpob tried to calm Arthit down again. This time Arthit took a deep breath as he was instructed and really did try to stop thinking about his mistake.

Maybe mistake was the wrong word, but he really hadn't meant to say that out loud.

They arrived at their apartments half an hour later and made their way up to Kong's room. Arthit immediately sat on the bed and flipped back, exhausted.

After a moment, he felt the bed dip on one side and he could feel Kongpob watching him. They were both silent for several minutes, trying to find a way to start this conversation. They were both shy about the topic but they both also knew they needed to have it. Whether it happened now or later they still needed to figure out what they were going to do in the future.

As usual, Kongpob was the one who spoke up first.

"I know that you're embarrassed about what you said earlier. But I'm glad you said it because I've been thinking about our future for a while now and I haven't been sure about your opinion on getting married to me." Kongpob's voice was quiet, like he wasn't sure what would come out.

Arthit looked up at his partner wondering how this man could question whether he would want to marry him. I mean, they already had a baby together and they were about to be parents again. They had both already expressed that they were happy about the babies but Arthit figured that it was a whole different matter. Taking a breath About braced himself as he spoke up.

"I love you, so of course I would love to marry you. When we're both ready, that is. We're both still in college, both of our parents seem to support us and like us together. So that's a plus when it comes to us potentially getting married in the future. Maybe we should put this conversation on hold until at least one of us has a job or until both of us have a job and are more stable." Arthit could feel himself turning red from the first sentence but he knew that it had to be said.

"I love you, too. I would want to marry you immediately, but you're right about waiting until we've graduated from college at least. By the way, how are you feeling right now? How are the babies doing?" Kongpob asked.

Earlier the babies had been kicking and moving around, being extra active. But currently they weren't moving at all. That wasn't unusual, because they had their times when they were awake and moving and times where they were still and obviously asleep.

"They're all right. They seem to be asleep right now. A little after lunch time today, they were kicking up a storm and moving around so much. At least one of them kept kicking me in the bladder." Arthit complained, but even though he did so he was happy to feel the babies moving.

It had been annoying having to get up to use the restroom as many times as he did that day but it was better than the alternative of not feeling anything and being worried about the babies. They had become a lot more active in the last month then they had been before but even so Kongpob hadn't been able to feel the babies moving from the outside yet.

Kongpob couldn't wait until he had the opportunity to feel how strongly the babies were kicking. He could tell that his partner was excited about the movement but also that it was painful. Every time they were together and the babies would move or kick, Arthit would flinch and look very uncomfortable.

"Anyway, we will table the conversation about getting married until a later time. But it is good to know that you feel the same way that I do on the topic. It is kind of late, but would you like me to go get us some dinner? You can take a shower while I'm gone and get comfortable. I have a little bit of homework left to do and I would imagine you do as well. We could eat, do our homework and then sleep because we have class tomorrow." Kong asked. Arthit nodded before struggling to get up with Kong watching and waiting to make sure he did so before heading out the door.

********

Kongpob made it back to his room just in time for Arthit to come out of the bathroom in just a towel. Kong couldn't help but smile at the older man and his very big belly. It is still a wonder when he thinks about their babies being in there. Arthit was always so self concious about his body when he is growing their babies. Every few days as Fiat was growing, Kongpob would have to reassure his partner of how beautiful, or handsome, he was to Kongpob.

This time around it was easier as his partner had friends to help him. Plus he seemed more willing to let Kongpob help him with small things like standing.

Arthit noticed him standing there watching him and immediately stopped what he was doing. He didn't try to cover himself like he used to, but instead just waited for his boyfriend to do something or say something.

"You are just so... I love you."

Arthit smiled. "I love you, too. What..?"

"I know you usually aren't comfortable with me saying that as much as I do, but I hope you know I do anyway." Kongpob said before heading over to the table with their food.

"I do." Was all Arthit said as he began dressing.

A/N: Ahhh!! I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Don't forget to vote!