Collateral Damages

The door closed shut behind Diggle as he and Flag entered the office and waited for Waller to acknowledge their presence while she read through the latest intel reguarding the failed operation. The intentional silence was nothing new to the former soldiers, they had both become accustomed to the psychological tactic during there time in the military. Diggle shifted his weight as he checked his watch, more aggravated than frightened at Waller's stalling. Flag had noticed the uncormfortable change in Diggle's body language ever since they began questioning the HIVE agent, he could tell that the man hadn't been able to calm his inner demons as he had hoped. Perhaps the bullet had not only saved the HIVE agent from giving away vital information but from the wrath of Diggle and his rage.

"This is normally the type of failure that results in someone losing there job...fortunately for you this was off the books." Waller began as she directed her anger toward her employee.

"But it does bring up concerns of your tactical ability." She added, glaring at Flag. Diggle looked over to his partner's unfazed expression and admired his calm demeanor under Waller's verbal attack and display of dominance. Flag knew that she was simply venting and he was the closest target to take out her frustration on.

"Bad part about fighting in the shadows is the lack of support." Flag calmly explained, knowing all too well that having the full support of ARGUS for the operation would have ended in an even larger failure. Waller angled her brow at the comment and fought back her response as she turned to Diggle.

"Well, with Steward gone and this unknown subject with him I'd say that this concludes our current arrangement." Waller stated as she grinned. Diggle shrugged and shook his head, knowing that Waller would get rid of him as soon as she had no use for him.

"Until next time." She added as she turned her back to him and moved to her desk. Diggle glared at her before turning to leave. Flag passed him a respectful nod which Diggle returned before exiting the office and meeting his security escort. Flag paused for a moment as he thought about the internal struggle that Diggle must have been dealing with, knowing how dangerous something like that could be.

"Something to add Flag?" Waller asked as she gathered a few folders on her desk and kept her back toward the man. Flag turned toward her and retrieved the two evidence viles from his jacket and moved beside her.

"I collected these from the scene. This one from Steward." Flag began as he gently placed the vile filled with blue liquid down onto the table beside the folders. Waller stopped and stared at thick dark liquid resting within the clear tube.

"And this one from the unknown subject." Flag added as he placed the second vile on the table beside the other. The green liquid inside the tube sloshed around as the tube settled to a rest while Waller studied the two pieces of evidence and contemplated what they meant for the future. Flag studied Waller's silent reaction and felt a cold fear creep up his spine.

"I suppose this is the part where you either tell me what the hell is going on or you kill me." Flag stated as he kept his eyes on Waller, almost expecting her to lash out and attack him to keep whatever he had stumbled into a secret. Waller sighed as she broke away from the viles and turned her powerful authoritative glare toward Flag, knowing that she would have to do one of the two things he had just suggested. A twisted smile appeared on her lips as she reached her decision.

"Your world is about to get alot larger Mr. Flag." She stated as she passed a warning gaze to her subordinate and the world he was about to enter into.

The darkness engulfing the Foundry aided to the lone figure slowly moving toward Felicity's station, shrouding his presence in the shadows that surrounded him. The man knelt down at the desk and inserted a specialized USB drive into the computer, causing the internal components to come to life with a low hum. The man glanced around the empty lair again as the USB drive went to work, it's extremely unique programming targeting a specific file within the local server. A buzz from the man's pocket caught his attention as he pulled up his phone and read Thea's name on the caller ID. Without hesitation the man answered.