Green Arrow

A few weeks had passed, aiding deeply to Oliver's recovery. He was physically ready to return to the streets, but mentally he still needed time. After Captain Lance's death and the SCPD's new attitude toward the Arrow, Oliver was having trouble coming to terms with how this would effect his duties. The team understood Oliver's hesitation to return and fell victim to the same train of thought, not sure how to continue. Oliver had left work early and stood in the darkness and silence of the Foundry, searching for an answer to his latest dilemma. A gust of wind whipped a few papers off the desk behind him, causing him to turn and see Barry's smiling face. Fully recovered from Slade's attack, Barry had already been down to visit with Caitlin when Oliver was in the hospital. Unfortunately Cisco and Dr. Wells had a matter to attend to in Metropolis at the time, but Caitlin had insisted on checking on Oliver's condition herself. The surprise visit now was a welcome sight to Oliver as he smiled and greeted his friend. Barry was quick to pick up on his friend's current issue, prompting Oliver to ask him for advice after explaining his reasoning. The two heroes sat across from each other, the stillness of the Foundry around protecting their conversation.

"I just don't know how I'm supposed to continue this. After what happened with Captain Lance the cities turned against me...I don't even know if they'll want my help." Oliver said, lowering his head as he thought over his options.

"Was it ever a question of whether they wanted your help? Because they need your help, and besides I don't seem to remember you caring too much about public appearance when you started all this." Barry replied, doing his best to aid his friend.

"It's not just that...Slade may have lost but he still defeated the Arrow. Things can't go back to the way they were now." Oliver explained, his true hesitation revealing itself. The thought of changing everything was a difficult thought to comprehend, but Barry didn't think of change as a bad thing anymore. After his accident his life had changed in every way and he had adapted and embraced it, something he knew Oliver would be able to do as well.

"So don't be the Arrow. Embrace this change and use it to become something different, something better...something else." Barry suggested, knowing all he needed was to spark Oliver's true instincts and the rest would work itself out. Oliver glanced up at the glass case in front of him housing the Arrow outfit. He studied every inch of the uniform, thinking over his friend's words as a new thought began to grow in his mind.

The stairs rattled as Roy and Thea stepped away from them and stopped beside the rest of the team, Oliver standing before them all.

"What's up?" Thea asked, stopping next to Felicity and leaning against her chair.

"Change." Oliver replied, looking toward the empty glass case beside him where the Arrow suit used to be. The team kept quiet as they eyed the empty case and eagerly waited for an explanation.

"The Arrow is gone...Slade destroyed him. After all that's happened I can't wear that hood again." Oliver stated, motioning to his former uniform.

"What're you saying? Are you done?" Thea asked, confused that her brother would give up after defeating Slade.

"Just because the cops don't trust you it doesn't mean we have to stop." Roy added, knowing Lance's death had taken a large toll on Oliver. Diggle and Felicity held their silence, both knowing Oliver well enough to realize that he wasn't done yet.

"No, I'm not done...we're not done. The city still needs us and no matter what we will be here for it...all of us." Oliver began, moving closer to his team.

"But in order to do this I have to change. I have to become something different...something else." He paused as he looked to Felicity and saw her approving grin.