~The Bonfire~

"WICKED is good"

James Dashner, The Maze Runner #1

Trigger Warning: cursing maybe?

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

Y/N's POV:

The dust settled and the bout with Gally had finished. One of the 'gladers' had lost yet again. But you weren't too interested in the match, you got roped into watching it since Thomas dragged you over here. He was with the others, cheering and oohing as they watched each 'glader' get thrown around.

You wandered off a bit, after having a small break while watching the sky earlier you realized something wasn't right about this place. You have a vivid memory of the maze doors closing. You had heard the two heavy hunks of concrete or rock grind against the stone floor earlier that day. You had panicked and covered your ears while watching the stone blocks lock together with wide eyes. They shut with a loud slam and you felt the wind blow your hair around as you watched. This was no place for you guys to be, so why were you here? You were still scared after the situation earlier came back to you as well. It wasn't an ideal outcome you admitted to yourself.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

(Flashback)

As Thomas was explaining and tying your hammock up for the night, you wandered towards the opening in the walls. It seemed to call for you, with its eerie whistling and windy gusts. You started walking faster, then jogging. Then, you stood in front of the huge opening. Thomas was right behind you when he noticed you were gone. He put his hand on your shoulder to keep you from going any closer. "Hey, I said it's better here with us, all right? We can't go out there, you heard the rules." Thomas reminded you, with a more serious look on his face.

You sighed but still felt drawn in. Thomas removed his hand from your shoulder. But as soon as you took another step, he clamped it down. "Didn't you just hear me? I said it's against the rules! I did that when I was a Greenie as well. You don't want to make that mistake!" he yelled. This attracted a few gladers nearby to see what the commotion was all about. Instead, you shrugged his hand off and took another step and another, Thomas trailing you for the couple of steps you got in. Soon enough, you were standing right in front of the hole in the wall. The very same gap that would answer all of your questions if you just ran through it, right?

Two figures ran down the stone corridor, seeing you standing there caused their expressions to become concerned. You watched as they came through the opening and waved. Minho waved back with a smile. Thomas stood by you and grabbed your hand, intertwining your fingers. You gave him a questioning glance as he glared at Minho. You wondered why he was glaring. 

"Hey Greenie, come to greet us?" Minho asked. You nodded with a smile. 

"She was also getting a little too curious," Thomas explained with a chuckle.

"Hey, why are you here Greenie? You know you can't go out there," you heard another voice say, 'Newt' you assumed, due to the accent. It was crystal clear that they did not want you going out there. You nodded.

"She was just greeting the runners," Thomas defended. "I was there to make sure she wouldn't run away."

"Right," Newt said narrowing his eyes. "I know it's intriguing but we don't want you getting hurt, so please stay here," 'Newt' said with pleading eyes. His eyes were so beautiful, you would almost agree with anything he said when he gave you that look. So, you nodded. Most of the gladers went back to resume their tasks.