~Skillz~

"We had dark days. We lost a lot of boys to fear, to panic. We've come far since then. Established order, made peace."

The Maze Runner Movie

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

You stepped through the dewy grass, the morning light seemed to awaken everything. After the horrible sleep you got, you were jostled awake by Alby. Soft bird calls and farm animals rang out in the early morning. Through the haze, Alby led you to the walls, the doors were not yet open. It felt particularly strange to be greeted by such a beautiful morning when this place was as deadly as it was. Or at least as they told you it was.

As Alby walked ahead of you, he spoke in a calming voice. "There were times when people lost hope. Times where we broke down as you did. Someone had to be first right?"

You nodded, realizing what he was getting at.

"That was me. I've witnessed it all. The panic and fear that we lost... people to. The mess we turned into our small ray of hope. This is as close to paradise as we're going to get. And we're still giving everything we can to get out of here, especially to survive. I want you to know what that feels like. I get the notion that you think differently from us. Even if you can't voice your thoughts yet." He gave you an apologetic look and handed you a knife. You stared at the wall of the maze.

"I know you might not know your name now, but if you do. Please let the rest of us know." Alby said, gesturing towards the wall.

Names like 'Justin', 'George', and 'Stephen' were crossed out. You turned the knife over in your hands furrowing your eyebrows. Your eyes flit to Alby with a questioning gaze.

"You're just like Thomas. He was curious, but he fit in eventually. You're one of us now."

Alby sighed, "I hope that no more names have to be crossed out."

He was so wrong... he could've wished it countless times but the future was not planning on letting that wish come true. To escape, there were always consequences.

You licked your lips nervously and stared at the wall. Your heartbeat was in your head, throughout your whole body. You saw 'Thomas', 'Newt', 'Minho', and biggest of all was 'Alby'. You decided to carve your name, as the first girl, right under his. Y/N.

The knife shakes in your hand a little as you stab the stone with the sharp metal, carving each letter of your name.

And from that moment on, Alby knew your name and so did the rest of the glade.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

(Flashback)

Needles, doctors, water?

Tanks of water.

Everyone.

Filling up, drowning.

"Y/N, always remember. WICKED is good."

(End Flashback side note: this is how you remembered your name-)

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

You were with the slicers the first day, as Thomas had said you would be. Immediately you didn't like the job. Not the fact that you were grossed out by it. But all the blood, for some reason, didn't sit right with you but since you didn't want to seem weak you helped out as much as possible.