~The Path You Took Before~

"I've been shucked and gone to heaven."
James Dashner, The Maze Runner #1

trigger warning: talks about food, passing out

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

Rounding a narrow passageway corner you saw the opening. You were right, it was different!

It finally opened again! you thought.

You smiled so hard your cheeks hurt knowing you'd be able to get back to the Glade again. Momentarily you forgot about the blood all over your clothes, the dust and dirt. Your hair being a wreck and your clothes being torn in various places.

Then two figures popped through. Minho... and Thomas..?

You were so happy you ran towards them at a full sprint. Exhausting all the energy you had left in your body. They saw you and stopped abruptly. Minho's eyes widened. Thomas smiled so hard it looked like it hurt. Just like you had earlier. And that's when you collapsed.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

You woke up as Thomas piggy backed you into the Glade. All the gladers turned to see why the runners were back so soon. Then they saw the figure on Thomas's back.

You swore you'd never seen Newt run as fast as he did to you right then and there. You gave him a tired smile which lit up his world. He looked ashen and his eyes were sunken in a bit. You tried to get off of Thomas' back. He kind of gave in after you nudged him a bit with your elbow. You gave a hug to Newt and then you saw Gally and Chuck and hugged them as well, a few tears slipping down your cheeks.

You were very unbalanced and exhausted, so Thomas picked you up again. Newt followed as you were motioning something. You pointed at his stomach, and then to his eyes, and tried to ask if he was okay as he walked alongside Thomas who was carrying you to the med-jack hut.

"I'm okay, love. We're more worried about you right now," Newt responded with a small smile. "The Glade's been a wreck without you and Alby."

When you were watching him from Thomas' back you felt light headed all of a sudden, and blacked out.

Newt caught your shoulders immediately, fast reflexes I guess.  "Clint, Jeff, someone help her!" he yelled. The two people that were called stepped forward to help Thomas carry you over to the hut.

While they were waiting for you to wake up, Newt was freaking out.

Thomas came in and Newt looked up at him. "It's all your fault." he sneered. "You left her! You left her out there to die!"

Thomas was a bit dumbfounded but then realized, "You like her don't you?" he asked. Newt looked away and then looked at you, laying there motionless.

"Of course I like her, she's nice." Newt said.

"No, I mean, like, you love her?" Thomas explained.

"Is there a problem with that?" Newt asked in a monotonous voice. He had finally come to terms with his feelings, whether he liked them or not.

"There's every problem with it!" Thomas yelled.

"Like what?"