~The Time You Actually Run For Your Life~

"I just...feel like I need to save everyone. To redeem myself."
James Dashner, The Maze Runner #1

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

Running out into the Glade you noticed the sun was pretty high for you guys to be trekking into the maze like this. Then you stopped.

"Minho, why am i going?" you asked.

"You know where it is, duh." Minho sassily remarked.

"Oh, right, sorry."

"No need to apologize, silly!" Minho laughed while running along.

"Sorry." With that Minho just started giggling some more. You shot him an embarrassed look mixed with a glare.

"Okay you guys, we need to grab Frypan and a med-jack," he said pointedly. "For safety reasons."

"But I am a med-jack?" you questioned. Minho just gave you a look.

"Got it, I'll get Frypan!" you shouted running off towards the kitchen.

Running over there you saw Newt hacking away at a tree. He looked distracted so you decided it was best to not bother him. The kitchen was a tad bit messy when you entered.

Frypan peered over the counter at you.

"What can I do for you, y/n?" he asked.

"Minho wants you to tag along with us, we're going to find the Griever I killed."

He dropped the pot he was holding and it fell with a loud clang. His eyes were wide like saucers and his hands started quivering. "You did what?"

You realized what you had said and gave him a tight lipped smile, scared what he might say.

"You.... killed, one of those things?" he said pointing towards the maze, almost afraid.

He put both his hands down on the counter and looked you straight in the eyes. "Count me in."

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

There was your small group. You, Thomas, Minho, Frypan, and Jeff.

All heading back into the maze to find the thing you feared most right now. You never wanted to see that thing again, but they needed you to find it. Absolutely, with no questions asked, needed you.

You know who also needed you at that moment?

Newt did.

"y/n! There you are!" he huffed while speed walking up to you. "I couldn't find you anywhere, are you done talking with Minho?"

"Uh- not exactly," you gave him a worried smile as he looked at the small group that was here.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"We're going back into the maze to find the Griever she killed." Minho stated.

"Uh-uh, y/n is staying right here. It's too dangerous in there for her, she almost died last time!" Newt argued while crossing his arms to make an 'X'.

"But she's the only one who knows where it is-" Thomas tried to reason.

"No, and that's final. Did you even ask Alby if he was fine with her going back into a place that almost killed her?"