~"That's A Griever, THAT'S A GRIEVER!!"~

"You get lazy, you get sad. Start givin' up. Plain and simple."
James Dashner, The Maze Runner #1

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

After breakfast, Newt and Thomas walked you over to the med-jack hut. Minho could care less about scratches but Newt was adamant you get them at least healed up a little. So you told Thomas he should come along as well. Clint even changed your leg bandage for you to make it easier on yourself after sweating and running.

Next on the to-do list was to help Clint and Jeff with their tasks. When you finished, they sent you to help Frypan cook lunch. Today it was salad, various fruits, and an assortment of sandwiches and chicken. When lunch rolled around you helped dish it out and then grabbed yourself a plate. And after what felt like forever, you got to talk to Gally again. Like usual he called you over to sit by him and you were delighted to.

Gally often visited you when you were stuck in the med-jack hut. He didn't want you to be stuck without anyone you guessed. It was like his brotherly instincts kicked in and he decided to bring you some fun every once in a while.

Gally was surprisingly good at card games, so the two of you became very competitive. Other times he'd tell you about how stupid the builders were. And sometimes he'd even let you hear his innermost thoughts. Like how he thought Thomas was the reason everything was happening, and that he didn't like how Thomas and Newt looked at you. He also thought that Minho was a real shuckface sometimes due to his sassiness. He even vowed to be a better brother than Chuck. Though honestly, you hoped you'd never have to pick between either of them. He told you to be careful around Thomas and Newt, and that Thomas was suspicious. You disagreed but nodded along anyways.

When you sat down that day though, his mood seemed to be more sour than usual.

"Hey n/n," Gally said as you sat down.

"Hi, how was Minho's sassiness scale today?" you jokingly asked.

"On a scale from Builders doing their job wrong to someone hitting on you? A solid someone stealing my food," Gally grumbled before biting off a corner of his sandwich angrily.

"Riggghttt..." you said suspiciously. "Why are you acting weird?"

"Those damn shuckfaces Newt and Thomas don't know when to quit, do they?" he asked. It was a rhetorical question you figured.

"Hey, don't go getting too jealous there man," one of the builders from across the table said.

Gally banged his fork down at that, "I'm not jealous. As her Glade friend and honorary brother, I am simply looking out for her." He said emphasizing the brother part. You laughed at that. Honorary brother? Pff, so was Chuck apparently.

"It's nice to hear ya talking, Greenie," one of the other guys said, changing the topic.

"Yeah, I like it too. Having all my thoughts bottled up in my head was the worst!" you exclaimed whilst stretching your arms back behind you.

"But you know what helps? Frypan's delicious cooking!" you said, and then you dug in. Laughing and chatting with the Builder guys. They may look tough, and admittedly are dumb, but they sure knew how to make you laugh. Your worries melted away for the remainder of that day. You helped the track-hoes and the med-jacks and Frypan with dinner.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

Around the time the doors were supposed to close you were starting to get jittery. Something bad was going to happen. Right then someone shouted something.

"THE MAZE ISN'T CLOSING!!"

Then you saw a ton of grievers start to come through the maze doors. They snarled and screeched as everyone began to panic. You grabbed the nearest torch and a small knife and tried to find Newt who had been near you at the time.

"y/n! This way!" Newt whisper-shouted at you as you ran to the tall corn-growing area. You hide in the sort of corn maze and more people come in as a griever comes and snatches someone. Thomas yells and then you see three other people get dragged off as you try to find Gally. Just then you see him herding others into the box and you sigh in relief knowing he's safe.

Eventually, you ended up with Teresa who threw a torch at a griever to distract it. You held a torch and that small knife Minho gave you until a griever came up behind you.

"Behind you!" Teresa shouted and you spun around.

"That's a griever, THAT'S A GRIEVER!!" you yelled, hurling your torch towards the sneaky griever.

You barely made it to the council hall with the help of Newt and Frypan throwing spears at a griever. You run inside the wooden building. Finally, you were able to catch your breath.

It falls silent as a griever tries to get through the doors repeatedly but the gladers had barred them shut. The bangs made you flinch every time and Newt came over to hold your hands, trying to assure you that you were safe. Then, the roof falls in and the griever's tail grabs the support beam of the whole building.

It tugs repeatedly before the support beam comes crashing down with a thud, gladers scrambling out of the way. The griever's tail comes back in and reaches around to grab someone. Its pincers grab Chuck and he almost gets pulled out but you grab his hand just in the nick of time.

Thomas rushes over and grabs Chuck's arm as well while wrapping his arms around you pulling. You manage to pull him back in and then you put a hand over Chuck's mouth trying to keep him quiet as everyone cowers against the walls. Suddenly, Alby is pulled out and you reached out to grab him but you just weren't fast enough. Nobody could save him and everyone was devastated. The next few minutes of your life felt like a million years. You heard screaming and griever noises. Then, the Glade was silent.

You ran out of the place to see that everyone was gone and the whole Glade was basically on fire. You were trying to find Gally.

They suddenly emerged from the box with torches. You run over and hug him and he hugs you back as you let out a short sob. It was over.

When you glanced back to look at the others, you saw Thomas with one of the griever's stingers about to stab himself with it. "No, Thomas, don't!" you yelled as you ran over and grabbed it from him. And you had to save him so you took the syringe and stabbed yourself instead, in the leg.

Smart move, y/n. You told yourself.

Teresa gasped and yelled to grab the serum. Then, you blacked out.

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

1201 words~

Thanks for reading this as always!! Not too far from the end!!

QOTD: Should the first kiss be Thomas or Newt? (won't happen until scorch trials probably)

(Minho I think would vote Thomas, but Gally would definitely vote Newt or neither if he could

(Minho I think would vote Thomas, but Gally would definitely vote Newt or neither if he could.)