~"Fit To Be A King"~

(I know it's not a maze runner quote but I saw this written on one of the desks in my classroom the other day and thought it was so cute!!)

"She never looked nice, she looked like art; and art wasn't supposed to look nice, it was supposed to make you feel something."

・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*

You spent your night in the pit once you got better, you had a lot of time to think that night. You were alone, and sleeping against stone staring at the black void through the bars and occasionally snatching a piece of grass to twist into the crown you were making. Halfway through you decided it was for Newt. He'd look like a king, maybe one day your king, and you his queen you thought wistfully.

Then you thought back to Thomas, his smiles and his comfort he tried so hard to provide you with. You sighed, guess you'd make another one.

They would be your two kings. Yours... you liked the sound of that. It made your heart flutter and beat rapidly. Your whole body got tingles just thinking about the both of them.

You needed to seriously think about this. It was too early. You had time in that little pit after all. In the morning your fingers hurt and were a bit bruised but you were happy with your creations.

The second Alby, wait... he was stung.

Never mind that, the second whoever it was let you out of this stupid pit you'd run to Newt and give him the crown. You were positive it would all be okay. You were feeling so good in fact that you were vibrating with excitement. You carefully placed Thomas' flower crown on your head. Chuck had re-done your braids for you recently. For once you felt pretty. For once you felt like you could do anything in the world.

Maybe you should go to Thomas first? Yeah, that might be better. But then Newt might feel bad if you didn't go to him first. That was another decision to make. You should go to Thomas first you decided. You had missed Thomas during your recovery. Apparently he wasn't allowed in the med-jack hut because of you and Alby. They took care of most of the gladers at a station outside the hut now. So he was taken care of at least. You would finally get to see him again! When they let you out of the pit that was...

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

When the sun reached the top of the maze walls, the Glade flooded with sunlight. The golden haze created dancing shadows from the waving trees. You sucked in a nervous breath. You hadn't slept, you didn't want nightmares. But you had made these awesome flower crowns and thought over everything.

So, when Alby came to get you out you were more than a little surprised.

"Alby?!" you yelled a bit too loud. You smacked your hands over your mouth. He just smiled at you unlocking the pit's door.

"Heard you got your voice, Y/N, let's get you out of here." He reached a hand in, and you took it. He helped you out.

"But how-?" You started to ask.

"Thank you, you're good to go," he said knowing where you were going to head next. You saluted him as you ran off, straight to Thomas.

You found him taking to another girl?! Your furrowed your brows as you ran up to him. He turned to face you and smiled when he saw you. The two of you hadn't had a proper conversation since before you were trapped in the maze. But when you saw the girl an awful feeling sprouted in your chest. It was like you were angry but you didn't know why.