Chapter 14: World-Destroying Dragon

Rimuru POV

The day finally arrived. We are currently waiting for Ivarage to show himself.

Right now, all the strongest individual lived in this world had gathered in one place. All of us decided that its better if all of us are together to defeat the enemy. That way, we can reduced the damage in the surrounding that would happen if the place of fight was located in one place.

We also leave our soldiers in our own territory for security purposes. As for me, Geld and Zegion was already enough to protect Tempest. Why you asked? Well, Geld and his subordinates have an iron walled defense that can't be shattered, while Zegion have extraordinary power that can't be defeated. In this past two years, both of them develop their skill and ability for only one reason- "to protect Tempest". Not just them, but all of my closest friends like The Guardians of the Labyrinth, and my Twelve patrons also trained for this only one reason. Even if an unknown entity showed up that was equal or more stronger than them, I still have back up plan. That plan was........ Veldora of course.

At first, he didn't agree to my plan. I have to bribe him just for him to agree you know. Thankfully, I have set of manga in my stomach when I visited my previous planet "Earth" after the Tenma War. He immediately agree to my plan, saying "Very well! I'll permit it this time. After all, a protagonist like me always show up late when I was truly needed. Gwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!" is what he says.

With this, I could create a situation like-Ha-ha! You thought you could take me? Well, check out this storm dragon I just happened to have bumping around in my pocket!Heh-heh-heh. I almost felt bad for my rivals. Talk about the ultimate ace in the hole.

With those plan I made ahead, I found confidence inside me. "...Heh!" I smirked. I'm not worried actually. In fact, I'm more concerned about what's going to happen to the enemy, because, you know, in these past two years I witnessed my subordinates hardwork. That's why I know that they are not someone that can be defeated easily.

Well, even if I said all of that, I have to gauge our opponent's power first. Also, I have to know if our enemy is alone or not. From what we decided, If our enemy was alone, all of us will join forces to defeat Ivarage. If not, we have to fight separately and reduced their number.

The reason I thought why our enemy is not alone, was because of the cryptids. Cryptids was born on Ivarage magicule leakage. They are a semi-mental organism, but their development is as close to that of a mental organism as possible. They may be born by splitting from their parents, but most of them were special individuals that were born naturally from magicules.

Although there is a difference between insects and beasts, they have characteristics similar to the ruling class of insectars. However, they do not swarm, and each of them possesses a powerful fighting ability. Although they lack intelligence, they are cunning and very belligerent. Naturally, there was no cooperation to them.

In that reason, we concluded that we should reduced their number first before facing Ivarage.

In the middle of my thinking, my partner snapped me back to reality. Telling me the information I needed the most.

<<Master, I located the place where Ivarage will arrive. Judging from the energy that he emit, It's in the northwest of Jura forest near the Kusha Mountain.>>

'Wow!! You really are amazing, Ciel-san. I'm really glad that you're here.'

<<I only lived for master sakes.>>

'Yeah, I know. That's why I'm thankful.' I said to her with a grateful smile.

<<.....>>