Chapter 20: Light in a Darkness

Everyone's POV
Before Ivarage imprisoned Rimuru

Guy and the others are currently watching the space above them as Rimuru and Ivarage clashing with each other.

It was so intense that the space above become distorted. The sonic boom from their unimaginable speed and clashing energy can be heard even at their distance.

It even affect the natural laws of the world as the environment and gravity around them was starting to change little by little.

Even at their distance, they can feel the electrifying energy that gave shivers to their body.

It became more intense after the defeat of the cryptids, where they heard the Voice of the World about the evolution of Ivarage.

At that time, they doubt if Rimuru can really win against Ivarage that evolved amidst the battle.

They are not strong enough to fight the evolve Ivarage. Knowing that, they felt frustrated.

But still, they didn't interfere the battle. All they can do was believe in Rimuru.

Sigh, that Rimuru was really an anomaly. I didn't know that he grow this strong after the Tenma War.”

Guy mutter quietly as he sigh in defeat after witnessing the battle.

Though he didn't say it out loud, Diablo's sharp hearing heard him and started his ‘fufufu’ phrase.

Fufufu. That's Rimuru-sama after all. His power is really beautiful and unmeasurable. Don't you think so too, Guy?”

“Don't ask me, you lackey.”

“Oh c'mon, Guy. Don't be shy” said Diablo while trying to touch Guy's shoulder.

“Don't touch me or I'll kill you.”

In this funny situation, the tension in the air became more light and soothing. All of them smile that shows their calmness as they wait for Rimuru to arrive.

—2 minutes later

In this short amount of time, many things happen that they didn't expect.

The first to notice to this sense of foreboding is the subordinates of Rimuru that was waiting for his victory when—

“Wha—What's going on. I suddenly lost connection to Rimuru-sama.” said Benimaru to others.

“M-Me too.”

Hm! Me too.”

“Diablo! Do you know what's going on right now?” asked Shion to Diablo.

—all of a sudden, they lost connection to their master, Rimuru.

It give them a slight fear, hoping that it won't happen like the last time they lost connection to their master where they helpless and powerless against the enemy.

They swear to themselves that it won't happen ever again. That's the reason why they train everyday.

But they're clueless when it comes to this kind of matter.

For Benimaru, Shion and the others, they prioritize becoming the strongest, than studying about magic spells and skills. You can call a person like them a ‘Muscle Brain’ for short.

That's why asking Diablo, who is knowledgeable about what's going on, is the best way for all of them.

“I don't know what's going on too. Its not to easy to cut our connection to Rimuru-sama. After all, its not our mind but our soul that connected to Rimuru-sama.”