3. "Colton Stone?"

I certainly wasn’t a morning person. Mornings weren’t my thing. To make it better, I took some cup of warm cappuccino.

Which relieved me a bit, before I got to work.

As soon as the alarm clock rung, my hands stretched to tiredly put in off.

“Not again.”

I muttered, with a bit of regret that I drank so much last night. My head hurt as a migraine, threatened to split it apart.

“Okay, Rias… All you have to do is get dressed and go to work,”

I said to myself. My eyes moved to the clock which read 7:30am. My eyes bolted, I immediately ran into the bathroom, swiftly brushing and disposing my pads.

Next, I took my bath running out swiftly looking at the clock which read 7:37am. I sighed, before wearing some panty liners, then my panties.

Good riddance to my period!

I brushed my red hair which was currently wet, blowing it with a dryer. I put a conditioner on it, quickly putting some parts curls that made them look official and corporate.

My dress was a violet linen one, with a tying neckline, just by the side.

“Perfect,”

I said, smacking my lip glossed lips, checking out my look.

“Now the heels,”

I walked to my closet, dashing out some navy blue corporate heels different from the one I wore yesterday.

In spite of my room being scattered, these treasures were neatly tucked away.

I took my bag, putting my novel in and dashing out the house like some crazy woman.

I stopped on my way to get a cup of cappuccino. Thankfully, to office exactly 7:59am. The instant I sat on my chair, 8:00 suddenly showed up on the digital clock.

I sighed in relief, knowing I won’t get into problem with Senior Editor Cullen or my angry boss, Regina.

“Good morning, Rias! You’re almost late today.”

Martin called out, from his chair. I sighed.

“Quiet, Martin.”

I seethed. I didn’t want him drawing the attention of anyone.

“Fine, your book is on your table. And thanks for manipulating me to do you work,”

He responded.

“Whatever,”

I waved off, smirking and pretending to be so engrossed in my coffee.

I immediately began work, reviewing some articles and sipping my cup of cappuccino.

Thinking of last night and dad, I was sad inside.

But I knew I had to put on some work attitude, to go through this day.

And then it sprung in…

The stranger’s hand on my waist.

His words.

“You’re not resisting, moya princessa…”

The Spanish beats and songs we danced to.

And, his last words…

“I will be coming for you, mio amore… I’ve searched for you years... Now that I found you, I will never let you go…”

I remembered feeling incredibly familiar, with a lot of insane chemistry pulsating between us both. And for some personal reason, I chose not to resist.