7. "She made my heart flutter."

Spirit of Marilyn, and other popular stars… I wish I possessed the invisible cloak, like Harry Potter. After losing my favourite author’s $5, 000, 000 manuscript… I really wish I could not be seen!

Fuck this! I’m running off!

Just as I did, some bolts of thunder stroke. Heavy droplets of rain began to fall. I paused my movement for a bit, looking up at the sky in awe.

I’m now like an actress in tragic movies, aren’t I?

My eyes connected to warm blue eyes, and a dark wet hair covering a part of it. Large arms wrapped around my waist, giving me dreamy sensations that made me gulp.

“C-Colton?”

I wondered how he highlighted from his car so fast, in spite that I had been running. In his hands was a yellow umbrella, which prevented the rain from making me wetter.

Wetter.

Why did that look like it had two meanings right now…

“You’re going to catch a cold, sweetheart.” he murmured.

My heart thudded frantically, racing at the sparks that ignited and the butterfly feeling that rested at the pit of my stomach.

“I shouldn’t be facing you now…” I sorrowfully said. “You shouldn’t be helping me now, Mr Colton,”

“What do you mean, Miss Gremory?”

“I um—"

“Rias! Ri-ass!” some voice yelled. I looked back only to see Reyna roaming around drunkenly in the rain. It was evident that she was looking for me.

“Where are you, bestie?! You promised not to leave me in the dark…” she sobbed brokenly

Her alcohol always took long to wear off.

“Hmm,” I cleared my voice, quickly untangling myself from Colton.

“I have to go now, Sir.” I said.

The untangling effect made the rain locate me, once more. This time, occupying my glasses which I so much hated.

“Go with this,”

Colton retorted, putting the umbrella in my hands.

O-Oh no! My heart was fluttering again. I had a bad history with men. I wasn’t prepared to get involved with one again…

“T-thanks.”

I took it running off. It all happened so fast that I begun to overthink. Maybe I shouldn’t have taken his umbrella. My debts to him where too much that I couldn’t accept favors from him.

Alpha Stone’s Pov

“Come on!”

She exclaimed, in the conference room motioning for us to leave. She… didn’t know how attractive she looked right now. She… didn’t realize how she turned me on with every movement of hers.