6. "I'm sad, I know, yeah."

Mother superior!

Why didn't I simply listen to dad back then, when he offered me a job at his undercover agency?

Why did I choose to chase my hobby? Now look where it landed me...

Running after a thief, with some group of people who were thankfully willing to help.

"Stooopp...!" I screeched as we all ran after him. Just as we were about getting to him, tables turned. He got on a bike, roaring the engine, before zooming away.

"Huh?"

I sighed out instantly, at my ill fate and bad luck. Of all accidents, why did it have to be this exact one? Losing a 5 million dollars manuscript😭😭
I collapsed on the floor, sitting with my shoulders slumped forwards.

"Child, are you okay? Did he take all your money?" an elderly woman voice brought me out of my daze.

With my eyes teary, and my glasses sideways, my auburn hair was all over my face in misery.

"He took something more precious than that." I simply replied.

"What is that? Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked worriedly. My eyes ran through her appearance. I could tell she was a kind old woman, willing to help. But I couldn't take advantage of that.

Where was she going to see a million dollars, in five places?

"I appreciate your generosity, ma'am. But I'm afraid not." I retorted, standing up and dusting the back of my gown. I moved to pack the contents that spilled earlier.
Amongst them, were some panty liners which attracted some attention and murmurs.

It took a lot of will power, not to yell at them that periods were absolutely normal! And that I refused to be embarrassed on any circumstance!

I walked towards the bus stop, only to discover it longtime left. My eyes connected to the floor, with my auburn hair covering my face like some mentally disturbed woman.

...

"You lost the script?"

Reyna exclaimed in a high-pitched tone, as we drank beer.

"Truth to be told, it was snatched away...what am I going to do now? I'm so dead." I muttered, hitting my head on the table multiple times.

I made sure to leave the part of the chemistry between Colton and I. Didn't want any additional drama into my life.

"Rias..." she worriedly said, in a sober tone.

"I know, I'm too clumsy. Too careless to handle a big deal that could change my life. I really hate this, so much that I wish the ground would swallow me till when this is over." I added, taking the bottle of beer in my hand and taking large gulps.

I tore some chicken, eating a large potion. Food was sort of my backbone to forget it all. When I was sad, I eat a lot. I also drank a lot, till I was drunk.

"What are we going to do now?" My best friend said, crying with me and patting my head as we drank together.

"I don't know!" I carried on, replying her.

...

"You!"

I exclaimed at Reyna. "Never leave me like you did that day. Ever again!"

"I am sowwrry, bestie. I promise to be good. The best friend in the world!" she yelled, replying me. We were both so drunk by now, that I wondered how we were going to get home.

"I met a man, you know." I continued. "That night you left; I met a man I like! A-and he sets me off edge that I want to kiss him day and night..."

"He is someone I admired for a long time; you know. Someone that wrote the exact words, of what I wanted my love life to be like!" I hit my chest boldly continuing.

"You bad bitch...you were hiding this from me, right?" Reyna chimed in. "You'll definitely tell me more about this, you hear m-mue-"

She didn't get to finish. Instead, she threw up on me. The contents were so much that it bathed my glasses and my violet gown.

"Reyna...what the hell?"

I exclaimed, with some parts of me, becoming sober.

"I'm sorry, Rias...you know I love you, right?" she cried out like a child.

"I do, but I think we need to get out of here before we embarrass ourselves further." I said, looking around at the piercing glares at our displays.

"W-why? I don't want to go..." she sobbed more.

You see...there was a reason behind that statement.

Reyna didn't have a happy home. It was exactly the opposite of that.

I took the remaining chicken, putting it in a silicon wrapper and throwing it in my bag with an unopened bottle we purchased. Next, I supported her to stand up. Her purse fell down and I moved to get it.

The impact made me lose balance and we both tripped.

"Dammit, we are so wasted, bestie."

"I know right? I'm never going to drink again!" Reyna replied.

...

After countless of trials, we were able to get outside. We sat down on a wooden chair as I washed my face and cleaned my body with the beer, due to the non-availability of water.

As I did, Reyna sung one of XXX's song pieces sorrowfully, which I think that was her own way of trying to get sober.

"Who am I, someone that's afraid to let go?

You decide if you ever gonna let me know?

Suicide if you ever try to let go. I'm sad, I know, yeah. I'm sad I know, yeah."

It was crazy how I sang it with her too.

"Who am I, someone that's afraid to let go?

You decide if you ever gonna let me know?

Suicide if you ever try to let go. I'm sad, I know, yeah. I'm sad I know, yeah!"

I brought out the chicken I earlier wrapped, tearing some for her. She took it, while I bought some water just opposite where we sat. I couldn't have her taking any more of what made her threw up.

As I handed it to her, sitting down, I noticed a really expensive car, parked just beside us. Inside, was someone I never thought I'd see again, till I was ready to face him.

Colton.
...

Comment your thoughts on this chapter, Alpha Stoners👀👀😼