14. "I'm offering you a business proposal."

Rias POV

My best friend called minutes ago, complaining about her life in general. I mean, not like my own was any better but I still wanted to comfort her.

Reyna was that person to me.

"I wish I could just go away from here..." she trailed. Her voice was void of life. It was a low, guttural tone that scared me.

"Are you fine? I could always show up and beat the hell out of whoever's pissing you off—"

"Don't do that. You're only going to get me in more trouble." she answered, without hesitating.

"Why? If this is affecting you, then move out." This wasn't the first time I was telling her these words. But she always let her guard up whenever I brought it up.

"I would be fine." she murmured. "Guess I just need to 'not interfere' in what goes on in the house."

"Will you?"

"Sure. Thanks... really." she replied me, sniffling. "You made me feel better already."

"Glad I did," I exhaled, still thinking of her home. Who did those people think they were?

"I, um, have to go now."

"Really?" I replied Reyna's words, with cringed brows.

"Yeah, I'm fine now, don't worry about me. Worry about finding yourself a dick."

I chuckled a bit. "Seriously?"

She sniffled and I could hear tap running like she was washing something.

"Yeah..."

"Okay."

"Yeah."

"Yeah, bye for now, bestie."

She hung up first, and I sighed. I would be going to check on her when next I was free.

I peeled my clothes off, remembering the events of today. Sir Colton's soft words and the way he comforted me. I felt strangely safe around him. Like I was just where I was supposed to be.

"Mm-hm," I breathed out, as I walked in the bathroom naked, my towel in my hands. I shut the bathroom door close with my thoughts on his growls, and the way he kept calling me mate.

"There is something mysterious about him. I just can't lay my hands on it."

***

"Oh my God!"

I gasped at the presence in my room. My hands reflexly clasped around my towel to hold it firmly. I had a bad habit of going naked around him.

"C-Colton?"

I stuttered instantly. What was he doing in here, on my bed of all places?

Holy Molly... he just had to show up now, while I was half dressed.

"We very much know I have seen all of that." he smirked devilishly. I sighed. I'm so dead...

The way he sat, and the way he was relaxed, with his dark and intimidating gaze pressed on me.

"I'm offering you a business proposal, Rias." he stated. "Once you accept it, I'll deal with whoever stole my manuscript." he smirked, adding.

"What?!" I exclaimed, with a startled glance. "You're aware that I misplaced your manuscript?!"

Cuddly bunny, fuzzy slippers... What was I supposed to do now?

Perhaps, if mother nature could open the ground with me falling inside for now...I'd thank her in ten folds.