the winner is part 3

'Tenzin. I'm not backing down. This has gone on far enough.'

'Korra. Please I know you're upset but you shouldn't act so rashly I can deal with the protestors tomorrow get their power back,' Tenzin pleaded

'no tarrlok will just interfere or make things worse have to end this tonight,'

'amon is a dangerous unknown enemy we don't even know how his abilities work what if he takes your bending away we need to think this through Korra,'

Korra and Tenzin were back on air temple island while Korra waited until it was time for her to meet amon.

'My plan is simple go in wait for him to arrive ambush him and capture him. See I thought it through,'

Tenzin smacked his forward in frustration

'besides,' Korra continued, 'its too late to back out now what would the people say if I did, tenzin i have to do this,'

tenzin sighed in defeat, 'good luck korra please be safe,' tenzin gave her a quick hug and then korra jumped in the water and used her water bending to make her way to the island.

When she arrived it was dark and empty. She began to pace and in her boredom, she just sat n made shaped with her fire bending. After a long while of waiting she huffed, 'pft big ole amon is a no show,'

She got up and began to walk back to the water when she passed by an alcove she was pulled in suddenly. She swept her feet under her in a wide arc and create a wave of fire to illuminate the area. She grew frightened by the alarming amount of equalists around her. She tried to fight them off but with their clothing, number and rope she was quickly outmatched. Amon approached her after she was tied down and defenceless.

'avatar korra,' he said in a deep raspy voice, 'I've received your message and as much as I would like to take your bending now... it would be premature and only serve to make you a martyr. But don't worry young avatar your time will come soon and I wont hold back,'

The equalists dropped korra and they made their escape as korra fell she hit her head and passed out.

**

Upon slowly gaining consciousness she thought she saw aang walking towards her but it was just tenzin. As he reached her she blackout again.

***

It had been three days since the incident with amon. She trained long and hard with Tenzin to air bend. She knew everything there was to know physically. She knew all the forms and yet nothing.

'korra the problem is internal you haven't mastered your spiritual side yet or found the very essence of what it means to be an air bender. I recommend you spend some time meditating maybe you'll find that peace is missing.'

Korra attempted meditation but it won't work and after amon's attack, she grew even more impatient to learn.

***

Two days later after a tight match, the fire ferrets won the semi-finals and were able to advance to the championship. The trio all did a huge hug in celebration.

'korra you were amazing out there. You really saved us in the last half, that one blast of water that knocked all the guys out was insane. I thought we weren't going to make it there for a second,' mako congratulated her

Korra blushed, 'thanks mako,'

'knock knock,' Asami said as she walked in, 'hey sweetie,' she walked over and kissed mako

'you guys did amazing congratulations, especially you Korra that move at the end was amazing,'

'thanks, asami,' and for the second time she blushed

'you guys should come over for a victory hang Korra and I thought would be great,'

Bolin jumped in excitement, 'I heard you have a pool,'

'yes I do and a race track,' asami responded as Bolin squealed in excitement

The group laughed

****

Korra arrived last to Asami's home, the others were already playing in the pool.

Bolin was on his back floating with paboo sitting on his stomach while asami and mako were huddled together speaking quietly and laughing.

Korra felt a tinge of jealousy at the sight. She didn't know what caused it, the fact that asami was with mako, or that mako was with asami or both. She might have had feelings for both of them.

'korra!' bolin saw her first

'hey guys,' she waved awkwardly

Asami noticed korra was still in her street clothes, 'hey let me show you to the powder room,'

Korra tried not to stare at asami's body as she left the pool. As always she was beautiful, as her curves were on display and korra turned red as she saw water run down her body. A butler handed asami a towel and korra looked away quickly before she was seen.

***

After she changed korra made her way back to the pool. Mako looked up she entered, he didn't get to speak to her since she came and as he saw her his breath left him. He knew he was with asami and it was wrong to look but he couldn't help himself. She was clad in a white two-piece swimsuit traditional to the south. The outfit showed off all her hard-earned muscles perfectly and even though she was muscular she was still curvy. She even let her hair down which had mako enthralled. No one noticed him staring asami was still away and didn't return with Korra like he thought she would. His eyes followed Korra as she cannonballed into the water.

*

Korra spent a moment underwater, she spent a moment because she was overcome with a sudden rush of homesickness. She created a little bubble around her to allow herself to breathe and as she was about to surface she felt hands pull her up.

'Korra! Are you alright?' mako was frantic in her face checking her head for injury. Korra laughed, 'mako I'm fine, you forget I'm a water bender,'

'oh right,' he blushed and scratched his head in embarrassment.

Korra's eyes were drawn by the movement of his muscles flexing and up this close, she was to see all of his physique. His well-defined chest and abs. she moved her eyes slowly back up and found mako watching her intently, something smouldering in his amber eyes. She laughed nervously and stepped back. This broke mako out of his trance and he stepped back too mako looked around to see if anyone saw but Asami still wasn't back and Bolin had his head in the water trying to see if he could find pabo.

The two made their way over to the side of the pool and mako handed Korra a drink.

'I heard about what happened with amon. Are you ok?' he asked

'I uh I'm fine, but I'm disappointed I wanted to stop all this before things got any worse,'

'you're the avatar don't worry you'll figure something out,'

The two continued totalk and asmai joined them and the four all began to splash around in the waterjust enjoying getting to know one another. 

*thanks for reading! comments and votes are always appreciated.