Skeletons in the Closet

'asami? Why?' mako asked dejectedly,

Asami sighed, 'its simple you benders just take and take and take until there is no nothing left. Every war was because of you. My mom is gone because of you,'

Korra looked as asami sadly while she was mad at the betrayal she was sad that asami feet this is what she needed to do after her mother passed.

'now I cant let you leave here, you're coming with me' and so asami attacked chi blocking both korra and mako until they lost consciousness.

****

Korra...Korra...

I will now take your bending away yakone your days of havoc are over.

****

Korra and mako groaned as they came to, mako grabbed korra's hand and asked, 'are you ok?'

'mhm yea,' korra looked at him worriedly, 'and you? Yea I'm fine we need to get out of here. Bolin and Iroh are in trouble,'

Mako grew worried for his brother, the only family he had left and it was his job to protect him and now he couldn't even do that.

'Bolin will be ok mako,' korra told him

'I hope so but lets a find a way out of here just in case,'

Mako walked up to the metal bars and looked at the lock. He pulled a pin from his pocket and used it to pick the lock on the door. He was grateful they didn't search him and find it.

'woah u got it open,'

'yea old habits. Let's get out of here,'

Korra led the way out of the room and saw a window, she went up to it to see where they were and to her surprise they were right on air temple island most likely in the attic.

Korra felt a nudge on her shoulder, 'what is it mako?'

'we aren't alone up here,'

Korra turned to see none other than tarrlok.

'tarrlok,'

'avatar,'

'what are you doing in here,'

He sighed, 'I'm special. I'm Amon's brother,'

***

'you useless benderless brat!' his father yelled at him for once again failing to manifest any water bending during the full moon.

'father leave him alone he's just a kid,' his brother, noatok came to his aid,

'you stay out of this. He is 7 u were bending at 5,' his fathered sneered,

The two brother were raised in an abusive relationship with their father but a loving one with their mother.

When tarlok turned 10 his bending finally came in so yakone took his sons out to start learning blood bending.

Both boys hated it but one day when noatok had enough of his father he acted out.

'what are you going to do about it,' he said, 'you are the weak one,'

He threw his father away with his mind and turned to his brother.

'come lets go'

'but what about mom we can't leave her,'

Noatok sneered, 'he was right you really are weak,'

***

'after Noatok left, I vowed never to be weak again,'

***

Tarlok thought to himself, 'I will achieve what he couldn't. I will rule this city from the top not its under belly,'

Tarlok worked his way up the political ladder and grew in economic power. He amassed his power by trading political favours for bribes and used that money to buy the largest shares in the other councillors businesses. Naturally he couldn't control Tenzin that same way since he was a monk who had no such possessions. In the end it didn't matter, the councillors always voted in his favour.

***

'so I ruled republic city from the top and no one could stop me that was until you came along and ruined everything,' he sneered at korra.

Korra look at him with pity. Here was this man she hated but in this moment she felt pity for him.

'korra we have to go,'

'leave me here. Amon can't know that I told you his secret,'

***

'we need to get out of here,' Iroh turned to Bolin, 'I don't suppose you can metal bend?'

'that my friends I cannot do,'

Iroh rubbed his forehead in exasperation.

***

Asami thought what she was doing was right but she listened to the lieutenant brief them on the upcoming plans. She couldn't help but feel guilty. She just threw the two people she cared about the most in a cell. She felt sick. Would they ever forgive her? She would miss korra's fiery but kind spirt and mako with his serious demeanour but very soft heart. She already missed them. Her mind was brought back by something her father said,

'what do we do with those two we caught,'

'the general can be used as leverage to advance our cause into the fire nation and the rest of the world. you can tell the guards to kill the other one,'

Asami's eyed widened, she couldn't let Bolin die. He was too pure for this harsh world.

'I'll deliver the news,'

Her father looked at her, 'let one of the underlings do it,'

'no I brought them in let me,' she turned on her heel and left the room.

***

Asami opened the cage and told Bolin hurriedly, 'you need to get out of here. I disabled the guards so u can escape follow me,'

They rushed out of the camp. We need to ground the air craft.

After they grounded the air craft asami turned to them, 'give this message to korra. Tell her Amon will be at the arena today at 5 o clock.'

'wait aren't you coming with us?' Bolin asked worriedly,

'no I have some things I need to take care of here,'

In truth she didn't want to face korra and mako again after what she did.

'thank you for your help and good luck,' Iroh told her 

*thank you for reading and sorry for the long update. Votes and comments would be appreciated