30

"y/n... thank god you're breathing again." your vision is hazy and there's a face mask on your face, or whatever you call those things. but it's helping you breathe so what's it matter.

you're not conscious but you're not unconscious, you're more so in a state of slumber but with full awareness of the world around you, you like this. but you'd rather be in this situation with no awareness, where it is all just quiet. and you're alone.

you really wish you hadn't survived that overdose.

because now you're back in the same situation you were in during your coma.

opening your mouth, you force yourself to speak.

"doc."

"y/n?! oh my god- the boys are waiting for you, let me go get them!" the doctor rushes out, and you mentally prepare yourself for what you're about to do.

if you make them hate you know, even if that's what you fear the most, it'll harm them less when you finally disappear. forever. whether you're dead or just gone.

"y/n!"

they all run in while shouting your name, nearly trampling your doctor. but she is completely unbothered by it, fawning over the "young love" they all have for you. it makes you roll your eyes. this "young love" won't last much longer.

"don't come any closer." you say coldly, trying to hide the pain that is threatening to show on your face. they all freeze a few feet away from your bed, and even the doctor seems shocked by your words.

"what do you mean?" rindou questions, attempting to step closer but you just scoot further away.

"i know you just love me, am i correct?" you try to be as mean as you can, the more they hate you. the better.

"yeah..." ran says, and they all look around the room sheepishly. you have to suppress a laugh. this is going to hurt all of you equally, fuck.

"yeah? well, i don't fucking love you. and i never fucking will, i was just using you for my own entertainment! i don't care if everyone hates me, so you can go ahead and hate me too!" you force yourself to laugh, just to make this attempt seem more believable. when you scan over their expression, there is a mixture between hurt, pure sadness, betrayal, but the most common, anger.

just what you need.

"fucking bitch!" ran nearly jumps you, but kakucho holds him back. realizing he won't be able to hurt you, he resorts to comforting his brother.

kokonoi nearly sob just outright, and inui has to walk him out of the room while giving you a final glance, eyes full of confusion. they're all confused. ran and rindou left after them, barely able to contain their anger.

"y-y/n, what is the meaning of this? did we do something?!" kazutora's voice catches your attention, and it takes all of your remaining energy to not burst into tears then and there.

"no. i've just never liked you guys." you tell him, watching his heart shatter right then and there. grabbing his shoulder, hanma leads him out of the room to recollect himself, while shaking his head at your sudden behavior.

now left in the room are you, your doctor – who is standing in a far corner watching everything go down – izana, kakucho, and mikey. none of them have reacted, they've just been staring at you blankly. suddenly, izana turns to kakucho.

"let's go, i don't want to be around her anymore. i never want to fucking see her!" he rages, storming out the room with kakucho as his heels. mikey is the only one left.

"leave mikey. i don't want to see you." your voice breaks in the middle of your sentence, and you desperately hope he did not hear you. nodding, he obediently leaves, and you finally break down. sobs escape your mouth as you cover it with your hands so you can't be heard. your doctor rushes over to you, immediately bringing you into a comforting hug.

"why did you say those things?"

"it's better if they hate me. loving me will be of no use to them, they're wasting their time..." you choke your words out, hiding your face in her chest.

"...but you do truly love them?" she questions, and you laugh into the hug.

"why wouldn't i?" that means yes. the doctor nods and helps you lay down on the bed, before leaving the room.

guess that's it then.

UNEDITED.

a/n: last chapter! there will be three alternative endings so dw, it's not done yet </3

the different endings are a happy ending, death (y/n) ending, and another ending that'll be a little surprise <3