I Love You, You Big Idiot 2

Valentines day morning
3rd Person

    Reese and (Y/n) sleep peacefully in  each other's arms, blissfully unaware of the chaos surrounding them. Malcolm and Dewey are fighting, Jamie is coloring on the walls, Louis has her back turned cleaning the other wall that Jamie drew a mural all over. Hal is sitting and drinking coffee and pretending to read the newspaper, he finished reading it 20 minutes ago but  he just doen't want to deal with the world yet. (Y/n's) eyes flutter open and look up at Reese's sleeping face, his nostril wheezing every couple of seconds. A bubble of peace in a world of chaos.

(Y/N) POV

    I open my eyes and look up at the peaceful sleeping face of Reese, I hear clattering and screams all around me but ignore them as I listen to Reese's steady breathing. After a few moments Reese starts to stir and immediately seems annoyed with the racket. He looks down at me and  smirks "couldn't stay away last night?" He teases. "Shut up, I got cold... Your greedy ass didn't give me enough blankets." He laughs "You're lying" He smiles widely "You twitch your nose when you lie. I think you look like a cute little rabbit" I laugh "Okay fine I just wanted to cuddle" I poke his cheek "Ya happy?" He kisses my forehead softy "Yeah I always am with you..."
    "BREAKFAST IS READY! REESE WAKE UP NOW OR YOU DON'T EAT TILL LUNCH!" Louis yells from the kitchen. Reese goes into a panic and runs out of bed in just his pajama bottoms. I too run out of the room in my pajamas and messy hair. The boys scarf down their country breakfast of pancakes and sausage. Coming to the Wilkerson's house was like having a breakfast buffet every morning. They may think they are poor but if it were just Louis and Hal they would be dining like kings. I look over to Reese and he has a mouth full of pancake. He smiles with chewed up food in his mouth making me laugh and I take a large bite of my pancake, he tickles me and I giggle almost choking on my pancake. "Well, you two seem like your in a good mood.." Hal says with a smirk, Lois ruins the light attitude "Did you use protection? We don't need more kids in this house." Reese panics and his mind goes blank "We haven't even had sex yet! I'm a virgin I swear!" He yells making everyone laugh, me especially he glares at everyone for his embarrassing confession and silently finishes eating. Malcom goes on a rant about quantum theory and totally mind fucks us with information. Reese is the first to finish, he was silent the whole time after his out burst he wasn't even going to tell Malcom to shut up... no matter how annoyingly confusing his rant was. Malcom either intentionally or non-intentionally makes everyone around him feel like a complete dumb ass for being normal... or below average in Reese's case. I believe Reese just isn't a school person, he is intelligent when he cares, he knows every combo in Mortal Kombat, he remembers everything about me he's known me so long that he will bring up things I said years ago that even I don't remember saying sometimes. Reese gets up from the table rather abruptly interrupting my internal rant. He goes out to the backyard and starts shooting hoops, but this isn't happy hoop shooting he seemed angry no sad no angry I don't know this man is hard to read. I walked out of the house and too the backyard. I sit on the picnic table and let his cool off for a few minutes. "Reese" I say after a while. He turns to me and puts on a fake smile and walks up to me. "Yes babe?" He puts the basketball in between his hip and his forearm. "Are you good? Like something seems to be bothering you..." He looks down and sighs. "What makes you say that?" He says in a sharp bitter tone. "Well your reaction to me asking if you're okay isn't helping your case." Reese just scoffs and walks away "If you don't mind I have a lobster to boil and a soufflé to start." He really went all out for you and the thought of him spending this much time, money and using the few brain cells he has to think about you warms your heart. But his kindness doesn't help the ache in my stomach, because I know something is bothering him, is it his embarrassing admission to being a virgin  in front of me, or his mom? Or is it Malcom fact fucking our brains... well that's normal so it must be the first thing. I walk back into the house and Malcom is sitting at the kitchen table doing homework and Reese is cooking away, Hal amd louis are you know where for there you know what's on Valentine's Day "ew" Is all I say when I hear a lamp break and Malcom turns to me and in silent agreement of ew he has a grossed out look and nods his head. Reese looks to me with a furrowed brow, "Get out you're not supposed to see me like this.... I mean you're not supposed to see the food before its ready.." He says with a mean tone but it's obvious he's using it to cover the sadness that cracks through. I walk up and hug him from behind making him jump slightly and Reese's reflexes kicked in at the sudden contact causing him to whip around and pummel me to the ground, luckily he hit my shoulder and not my face. "I'm sorry (y/n) but I said get out..." he says blankly. I get up and go into the living room with a pout and sit next to Dewey who is watching some tv. "What are you in for" Dewey says in a lowered voice so Malcom and Reese can't hear. "I hugged him and got punched in the shoulder" I whisper and hold my shoulder as I feel it starting to bruise already. "I was just sitting there trying to eat the rest of my breakfast, I got shoved out of the chair and he threw my food on the ground and told me to get out in his words "Shut up and get out, I've got the rest of my life to cook for" Dewey says getting into a little more casual tone as the noise level in the kitchen rises. "The rest of my life to cook for? What does that's mean?" I say confused, Dewey looks over with an expression that can only be described as a disappointed 'really?' "Isn't obvious... you are the rest of his life.. man he's spoundfiong like the smart one and that is sad..it's Reese we are talking about the man has a one track mindset. And right now his track is you on the way to hooter town. Don't derail the poor guy." Dewey says a lot of metaphors that a 7 year old shouldn't know but... he lives in the Wilkerson house he probably knows more cuss words than the old lady next door. I laugh and look over the couch at Reese. "On his way to hooter town aye?" I say out loud on accident "wow that's all you got out of that?! You really are perfect for him." Dewey says kinda mad at first and then in a sassy tone. "Look twerp I don't know if that was an insult or a compliment but either way thank you."I punch him as I say thank you making him drop the remote I take it and change the channel. I hear Reese in the kitchen "Hey! That's my trick!..... I taught you well."He says sounding proud at the end.
    I watch TV for another hour or so until Louis and Hal come out of the bedroom. Louis's lipstick is a little messy and all over Hal. Malcom looks at Hal and does a hand motion signaling to wipe his face... and neck. He runs to the bathroom and I hear the sink turn on, this makes me giggle and Lois looks to me and fixes her lipstick with her finger, then starts her lecture "Ok boys, (y/n) is in charge she's the only one I don't think will burn the house down. Me and your father will be leaving and will be gone until It doesn't matter.. we come home when we do. There will be no fire, no smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no girls... except (y/n).." louis continues her list of all the no's and I kinda drown it out after a while, as none of it really applied to me.
    Louis and Hal leave and we hear the car leave the driveway, Malcom jumps up and runs to me and jumps on the couch. Making Dewey bounce up and fall off the couch with a thump. We both kinda laugh, and Dewey laughs too. "So (y/n) which thing on the list do you wanna do first?" Malcom says, I look to him "Do you really have to go against everything your mother says, you know she only says those things for your own safety.." Malcom scoffs at my comment. "Wow getting in a relationship really changed your mindset." He blurts out bitterly and crosses his arm. "It's been like 1 day, and being mature isn't bad, can't we go one day without causing your mom any more distress, the woman is pulling her hair out and screaming because she loves you and doesn't want to have to go to a funeral for you guys because you got your head blown off my fireworks, or got in a car crash while joyriding a stolen mustang, or putting a fork in the toaster" As I say that I turn to see Jamie with aa fork in his hand about to put it in and looks to me and smiles. "Jamie.. Put it down right now."I say sternly which scares him, as I'm always the nice one. "So your telling us not to do those things? Or are you giving me ideas?" Reese says confused as he whips some kind of sauce, looks like homemade hollandaise.  "I'm telling you not to those things Reese! I'd rather not have a dead boyfriend. I like you much better alive and breathing." I say in a sharp tone "Gosh you sound like mom" Malcolm groans. I feel very insulted by this and look over to Reese whose.... Crying?!? I stand up faster than my brain could even process and hurdle my body over the couch towards him. Malcolm and Dewey are obviously very tense and awkward, they aren't the best with feelings. "Reese what's wrong?" I say in a caring tone. He smiles big this time it's genuine tears running down his face and a huge grin. "You called me your boyfriend" he croaks out "Yeah that's what you are isn't it?" I softly rub his arm and look into his eyes. "I-I like when you say it" I give him a hug and at this point Dewey and Malcolm dipped the affection was too much. I look and notice this and whisper in his ear. "I love you, you big idiot. I'm the luckiest girl in the world that I get to call you my boyfriend" I didn't know his grin could get any bigger than it was. He giggles and tries to go back to his hollandaise and I place a kiss on his cheek before trying to walk out. He grabs my waist and pulls me back "If you're gonna kiss me do it right." He tried to sound intimidating but the words didn't match his tone and I giggle "make me." I try to get away again only making his grip tighter and he pulls me so I'm facing him and kisses me passionately. He takes a step back and looks at my shoulder "I'm really really sorry about punching you. I feel really guilty, just don't surprise attack me with affection... I like the affection part but not the whole surprise part." He says "I know Im sorry, you've always been so jumpy. Not the first time I've gotten punched by you" This makes him look even more hurt "don't say that. It sounds really bad. Boyfriends aren't supposed to hit girls. That's like illegal" I nod understanding how bad it probably sounds, and I touch his shoulder "well we can work on making sure this never happens again. But don't worry I'm not hurt, and I know you didn't mean actual harm. But we will work on it together okay?" He just nods sulking in his own shame. "Get back to the sauce it's starting to smell really good in here I'm excited for dinner" I say trying to bring him back to reality. He nods and smiles softly "what did I say about you being in the kitchen?" I giggle "nothin when I walked in"
Time skip to dinner time

3rd Person

Malcolm left for his date and Dewey and Jamie got paid off to go to the arcade. Lois called and said that Hal booked them a stay at a hotel and that (y/n) is still in charge. Dinner is done and the house smells amazing.

(Y/n) POV

I tried to make myself look nice with some of the clothes you had at their house, just some blue jeans and a cropped zip up hoodie. I guess it's not super nice but it was a cute outfit nonetheless. I come out into the kitchen to see that Reese had gone the extra mile. There was a silky tablecloth and the lights were off it was lit only by the various candles, soft indie music playing in the background, and the best part is the food looked absolutely amazing. "Reese it's beautiful" I say in shock "you're beautiful" he chuckles and I blush "don't be such a cheese ball Reese..." I sit down and the table and he joins me. "I tried to make this perfect for you so I hope you enjoy" he seems really nervous so I smile and grab his hand from across the table. "It's wonderful Reese. Trust me even if you were the worst cook in the world I'd still eat it" I say giggling "you think I'm a bad cook" Reese says close to tears. "No no Reese you're one of the best cooks I know! I'm saying that IF you were, which you're not, the worst cook is still enjoy your food because you made it for me" Reese doesn't seem to understand so I just start eating. "It's fucking delicious. Don't worry. Best food of the year" he laughs "just wait till Thanksgiving I'll top this." We both laugh a little "Oh really I'll hold you to it you better try and too this I think it's near impossible to get it better than perfection" I smile at him and wipe a piece of hair out of my face and it falls back "Well you're better than perfection so I don't know what you're on about" He leans over and brushes the strand out of my face and cups my cheek. This moment is perfect it's like it's out of a movie. If time could freeze now and I could live her forever I would.