Childhood Best Friends

This is loosely based on the episode where the mean girls at school hook him up with Cindy and it was a pig with lipstick on.

(Y/N) P.O.V.
Reese and I have been friends since Elementary school, he always protects me from creeps and bullies and he even taught me a few moves for if I ever find myself in a situation. Reese and I are so close that I don't think he even considers me a girl, I'm like another brother to him. Except he doesn't beat me up as bad as his other brothers, we used to wrestle together as kids but when I started to go through puberty everything changed I started to get feeling for Reese but I never told him because I didn't want to ruin what we had. Now I'm 17, still in love with my childhood best friend I'm sitting at his house waiting for his girlfriend to show up, apparently some girls cousin named Cindy and him have been talking.
The door bell rings and he excitedly run up opening the door. He looks disappointed as these girls from school have a pig with lipstick on it and they take a picture and laugh. When they leave Reese goes to his room and slams the door. "I'll go deal with this... you guys can eat some food" I say as I walk down the hall. The moment I get close to the door I hear him crying... the last time I heard him cry was over Wendy. I knock lightly on the door and he yells at me to go away. I try opening the door but its locked, I go to the bathroom and that door is locked. Last resort I go outside and climb through the window. "What do you want so bad that your breaking in?" He says spits out harshly as he's curled in a ball in his bed. I sit on his bed " wanna talk about what just happened?" I say disregarding his question. "NO! I told you to go away." He pushes me off his bed. I just go sit on Malcom's bed and stare at him. "Dinner looked delicious thank you for cooking it Reese." he stays silent. "Oh the other day at school one kid was going to dump his trash in the garbage can but he tripped on the surrounding garbage and he fell into the trashcan while everyone else proceed to dump their left over food and garbage all over him." I look at him with a smile to hopefully cheer him up but he stares at me with no expression, this is scarier than him crying... " You would have loved it Reese too bad you had detention that lunch huh?" I ask trying to get something out of him but I got nothing.
I get up to start leaving and he grabbed my arm. "What is it Reese?" he looks as if he's about to open up and then he shakes his head. "Get me some dinner dork, Grandpa said it tastes better when a women gets it." I laugh and walk away to get him some dinner. I fix him a plate and bring it back to him I left the door open and Lois was in there being really sweet to him but he didn't respond he didn't even look at her. She senses I'm there and she turns around "Welp I tried he won't talk to me... (Y/N) your the only one he'll talk to, take care of him please." she looks at me desperate "I will. Thank you Lois."
I hand Reese his dinner after Lois leaves and I turn to leave. I hear a soft and almost pathetic voice "Your not going to eat with me?" Reese whines out. It was quite cute. "Do you want me to eat with you Reese?" I turn around and he has a tear in is eye so I leave. He probably thinks I'm not coming back but I grab my plate and bring it into his room. I close the door and put the chair up locking it. "Does it taste better?"I laugh and Reese looks up confused? "Does it really taste better when a girl brings it to you?" Reese remembers what he said and I get a slight smile out of him. "I think it tastes better with company.." Reese says very softly making me smile. "I'm really sorry about what happened.." I sit on Malcom's bed again and take a couple bites of the food Reese made. "I don't want to talk about it." Understandable he just got his heart broken. "What do you wanna talk about?" I say swallowing my food."We don't have to talk... can we just eat?" He says sounding really sad. "Yeah we can just eat what ever you say" I take another bite of food. "I've never even kissed a girl..." Reese admits with red cheeks. "I thought we weren't talking." He looks up at me "I got bored of no talking" I giggle "It was like two seconds.. You laid there not even looking at your mom for like 5 minutes." Reese sits up "Your the only person I want to talk to and I'm not giving up the chance to talk to you." My cheeks feel kinda hot as he says that. "You always just say whatever you think don't you? You and Malcom both just blurt out whatever comes to you mind. Malcom's just annoying about it because he's got more going on up there." Reese thinks for a second like he's processing what I said. "Are you calling me stupid?" He blurts out. "We're all stupid in Malcom's eyes." I giggle out. "Well I dont think your stupid...you're super smart." Reese says and he looks up with almost puppy dog eyes. Why is he being so cute and wholesome right now? Is this really Reese? "I'll take your plate in, do you want some water or juice?" I say standing up. I had to stop staring at him or I would melt. "Some water please... your coming back right? You wont leave after you bring me water?" He says still sounding desperate. "Well I have to go home Reese I can't spend the night here its a school night.." I turn around to look at him as I take the chair away from the door. "Please stay, I don't want you to go..." Wow, Cindy broke Reese. "I'll ask your mom and then I'll call my parents and see okay?" I walk out of the room and up to Lois. "Reese asked if I could stay the night, he says I'm the only person he wants to see right now.." Lois nods "Of course sweety I'll call your parents and explain, even though its a school night, do you want me to wake you up in the morning or do you want to stay and take care of Reese? Me and Hal have to work tomorrow..." I hug Lois "Go ahead and get the other boys ready and I'll stay and take care of Reese... I hope it doesn't get so bad I have to change his bedpan." I say joking but Lois looks down at me with a soft smile but she said very seriously "When that boy is too old to go to the bathroom on his own your the only person I would trust to help that poor kid." I laugh "Thank you?" I to the living room and ask Malcom if I can sleep in his bed. "Noo you'll make it smell like girl.." Dewey whines. "Better than what it smells like right now buttmunch" Malcom yells at Dewey and then answers my question. "Yeah Dewey is sleeping in the tent this time though I can sleep in the garage or on the couch." Lois walks in "Here's how its gonna work, Dewey couch, Malcom your bed, (Y/N) Malcom's bed on the other side, and Malcom if you try anything... You will be scrubbing the toilet clean with your own toothbrush." Malcolm makes a grossed out face and I just smile. This is going to be a fun night.
When it's time to go to bed I put on a pair of Reese's shorts with a drawstring so they didn't fall down and a shirt of his. I walk out of the bathroom and smile as he's staring at me and I sit on Malcom's side of the bed. "Which side has less lumps?" I ask Reese "I'd say Deweys because he's lighter but if I say Malcom's will you sleep on that side?" He asks with a slightly hopeful look on his face. "I'll sleep on what ever side is most comfortable..." Reese smirks "You know my bed doesn't have any lumps" I giggle "yeah it has one big one right here" I smack his shoulder and he instinctively gabbed my hand pulling me into a head lock. Malcolm stands at the door "Get a room" He says sarcastically and Reese lets go of me and hides under his blanket in what I assume is embarrassment. "We kinda did have a room asshole, but you had to barge in." I say to Malcom smiling obviously not meaning that he was an asshole, even though he kinda is sometimes. "Your the one who barged in.. I'm guessing I'll be sleeping on Dewey's side so you can be closer to your booyfriend?" Malcom puts extra emphasis on boyfriend and he knows I like Reese, but he's never brought it up in front of him. "Shut up Malcom, your just jealous that Reese has someone that cares about him and your self centered ass can never keep a non krelboyne around for more than 2 days." Malcom looks hurt from that insult we usually bicker back and forth but the no friends thing is off limits for both boys... oops. "I'm so sorry Malcom I didn't mean it like that." Malcom looks down "No It's okay your right you win... I'll go get pajamas on."
I feel really bad for bringing that up, I sit back on Malcom's bed and look at Reese. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while (Y/N)...Everytime we wrestled as little kids it made me really happy, usually when I fight with my brothers it because I'm angry but with you I never had the intention of hurting you, why did you stop wrestling me?" Reese looks over and I look at his cute confused and vulnerable face. "Reese it's because we are 17 now, and I have you know a curvier body... and you have male hormones... Things would have gotten weird." Reese looks more confused than before. "If your talking about me getting boners from wrestling you, don't worry it happened when I was 13 too" I laugh "That's what I'm talking about, but that doesnt make me feel any better about it. Reese we are too old to roll around on the floor and wrestle anymore" Reese gets kinda mad "Says who? The reason I liked wrestling you is because it was like my hug to you... and we dont hug anymore." Reese is surprisingly wholesome right now, it's as if with all of his dignity shattered he's really opening up. "That's really quite sweet Reese, I'm sorry I didn't know wrestling meant that much to you.." Reese sits up and smiles "Does that mean you'll wrestle?" I giggle "Reese just hug me like a normal person." Reese tackle me making me fall on the bed and he lays on top of me hugging me. "I think that was the most violent hug I've ever gotten." Reese chuckles "That's gotta count for something right?" He says in a soft tone in my ear sending chills down my spine. He must have felt me shiver because he lays his body on top of me instead of hovering over me. "Cold?" He whispers in my ear this time. I think he know what he's doing, he has to know what this is doing to me... "Reese get off of me you idiot" I say as I laugh softening my insult. Reese rolls over still holding on tight making me on top of him now. "I've always noticed how big your boobs are but I didn't think they would be this soft" Reese does his giggle, the worlds cutest giggle...
"Shut up Reese let go or I'll beat you up" I whine as Reese's strong arms hold me into his chest. "Beg." he says in a stern voice and I melt a little, I knew Reese was sadistic but I had never thought about the possibility that he was a Dom in the sheets... I mean its pretty obvious actually. "I said beg." Reese says in a low sexy growl. I was about to answer when Malcom walked in "Eww everytime I come in it gets worse, whats next I walk in on you guys having sex?" I can tell Malcom immediately imagined it because he nods his head and smiles slighty, probably imagining me naked,and then he has a grossed out expression, probably from thinking about Reese. I laugh at him. "Reese won't let me go and he demands I wrestle him." Reese loosens his grip and goes back to his bed not even looking at Malcom. "Reese when are you going to tell her?" Malcom says annoyed."Tell me what?" I say confused. "HE LIKES YOU! YOU LIKE HIM! I'm so tired of trying to hook you guys up... I'm done being your wingman Reese!" Malcom blurts out and he instantly regrets it when he looks over at Reese with rage on his face, Reese knocked the daylight out of Malcom. I try to pick Malcom up and put him on the bed but hes too heavy.. "Reese you get is legs, I'll get his arms, and we can bury him in the sandbox." Reese looks panicked "He's dead?!" I laugh "It was a joke idiot, but lets get him on the bed and put some ice on it so it doesn't bruise.. I don't need you to be yelled at tonight."
Malcom lays on the bed passed out on Deweys side of the bed, and I sit on Malcom's side thinking about what Malcom says. When Reese interrupts my thoughts "Do really like me?" Reese looks up with a flustered face, his eyebrows furrowed as if he's angry on confused his cheeks are pink, his lips slight parted his bottom lip looks as if he's been chewing on it. I realize I have been staring at him for longer than would be normal. "Umm Yeah I do, a lot... ever since we were kids I've had a crush on you and it grew over time, but now I don't just like you Reese... I love you." Reese sits on the bed next to me. "Who knows... How many people did you tell before me" I look up and stare into his beautiful eyes. "I told Malcom in middle school, Dewey overheard me and Malcom talking about you once, Lois just... knew I don't know how she does it.. And I think she told Hal." I put my feet up on the bed so they are behind where Reese is sitting."So my whole family knew and you didn't tell me? Did you tell Francis?" A small voice pipes up "I did" Dewey says and walks up. "I told Francis that (Y/N) likes you and he told me to try to separate you guys because and I quote. 'Reese is a flaming idiot who doesn't deserve a girl like (Y/N) and she should really up her standards.' His words not mine" Reese looks sad. I expected him to punch Dewey, but he didn't. "Yeah your right, I'm sorry (Y/N) I like you a lot but you deserve so much better." I punch Reese in the arm "Shut up! Don't you think after all these years I haven't thought about liking other guys, I even dated Chris Spindler trying to get my mind off you but I still like you after 10 years, I like YOU!" Dewey looks back and forth and seems disappointed that his plan to make us fight didn't work. Dewey pipes in "I like (y/n) too! Don't take her away from me!" I still see Dewey as a little kid even though he's 13 now in my mind he's still 6. "Aw Dewey its okay I'll be over more often if I get together with Reese and we can play legos." He looks mad "I DON'T EVEN PLAY LEGOS!" Dewey stormed out. "What's his deal?You offered to play with him..." Reese says kinda mad. Reese obviously still see's Dewey as that little 6 year old still too. He turns to me and puts his hand on my cheek. "I've wanted to do this for years" He places a soft kiss on my lips thats when we here a click and a bright flash fills the room. Reese turns to see Lois standing there smiling with her camera. "You two are so cute!" She says happy "Now get to bed, Reese do not go further than kissing with that girl... Malcom is in the room." She slams the door and I lay on the bed. Reese leans down and kisses me more. "I love you (y/n), wanna wrestle tomorrow?" I giggle and shake my head in fake disappointment. Reese goes to the other side of the bed moving Malcom to his bed with ease, and he gets in the covers. "Can we wrestle in our sleep?" He opens his arms. "You mean hug?" Reese nods his head and I move closer to him as he wraps his arms around me. "This is called cuddling Reese" Reese smiles wholesomely "No sleep wrestling.." I laugh. "Okay what ever.." I fall asleep in his arms and sleep better than I expected in the old crappy mattress, but with Reese there it was the most comfortable I've ever felt.

The End