Chapter 9: Memories

[Name] was laying on her bed, looking at Shu. Shu opened the cabinet and found the camera. He grabbed it, sat near [Name] on the doctor's chair, and opened the box for her. It was a neat pink camera which it could take pictures and videos. Shu explained the instructions to [Name].

"Who would give you this as a gift and why did they gave you it when you're bedridden?" He asked genuinely confused as he kept turning the camera, examining it.

[Name] thought for a moment. "Hmm- I forgot his name and what he looks like because he usually leaves as soon as possible. But it's fine, it's the thought that counts." She said.

Shu taught her the record button, how to take a pictures, the flash buttons, and the lenses. He handed it to [Name] for her to check out.

"Amazing." She says, looking through the viewfinder. [Name] unknowingly pointed the camera at Shu and her finger accidentally clicked the picture button. "Oh-"

The flash hits Shu's crimson eyes, making him close his eyes immediately. Right after the flash, he narrowed his eyes at [Name], almost like he was glaring at her.

"[Name]," Shu said, his voice growing deeper, sounding like he was going to scold her, "I throughly instructed the buttons to you a minute ago."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I-I'll delete it immediately." She bowed her head two time before looking through the screen.

"It's fine. This is your first time using a camera after all." Shu dismissed.

[Name] found the photo of Shu, narrowing his eyes. Now that she looked at the picture, she didn't want to delete it. It looked like a good memory of him. Her eyes intensely stared at the small screen before she rolled her eyes up. Even her breathing was uneven. "O-Okay, I-I deleted it." [Name] can't keep a straight face when she is lying. Being dishonest isn't in her nature.

Shu curiously looked at her face. He was going to ask what was going on but he, again, dismissed it. "Um, alright. Now that I've taught you your camera, do you wanna go test it outside?"

"Can we really?" Her face was back to normal again.

"If it's fine with you, then yeah."

"Okay, let's go."

He waited outside her room. [Name] wanted to change into her pink dress and brown shoes. She came out and held onto Shu's arm as they walked out of the hallway.

"Where should we go first?" Shu asked while they kept walking on the sidewalk.

"I...I don't know. Maybe- oh, that one park where you train at." [Name] suggests.

"That place? Why?"

"Um, I-I don't know. Uh, I also wanted to see Spriggan in battle."

"If that's what you want." They turn directions and buildings to reach their destination.

They arrived at the stadium. Shu inserted Spriggan into his launcher while [Name] folded her legs, sitting on the concrete on the other side of the stadium, across from Shu. She also took her camera from him and decided to record Spriggan.

"Three, two, one! Go, shoot!" Shu yelled and shot Spriggan into the stadium. It was not necessary for him to shout intensely, since he was not battling anyone.

Right before he counted down, [Name] pressed the record button and pointed the camera down at the stadium.

"Huh? Are you recording this?" Shu asked, looking down at her.

"Yes, if you don't mind. Oh! Co-Could you maybe show a couple of your special moves?" She suggested, trying to keep her camera steady.

Shu sighed before bringing his hand up. "Upper Shoot!" He shouted as he brought his hand down.