Part 5

Lysander's POV
"May I have this dance young lady?" Like a proper maniac."

    Everyone is talking about what the edible birds are. And if geese are one of them. I like the way we can get everyone laughing and talking about one thing when before we were only talking to specific friend groups. The Weasley Potter family is so big that there are separate friend groups throughout the family. Every once in a while there is a friend group that involves an outsider (like me) who isn't in the family. I am not in any of those friend groups though. I mean, I'm part of one but not a big enough part for people to care. Or for my friend group to care. I get used to staying the shadows though. I actually prefer it. Sometimes I think it would be fun to hang out with people other than Lorc more but, what can you do?

Someone finds an Amazon Alexa speaker and starts playing some music. Me, Lorcan, James, and Albus move all of the furniture out of the middle of the floor and set up a DJ booth out of a table and some other things. Rose plays the music and it turns into a party. Lily and Hugo grab a bunch of snacks and sodas and organize a snack table. Before a giraffe could finish sneezing everyone in the room was dancing. People are grabbing other people outside their friend group who they didn't really notice most of the time and dancing with them.

I am having so much fun. Rose is playing really good music. (Like I bet you could think of any song you really liked and it would be one of the songs Rose was playing.) Me and Lorcan are dancing like absolute maniacs for like no reason. This is just a little hangout but I feel so alive the music just makes you want to jump on other people's feet and scream about who knows what, something interesting probably. It is so loud. Which I like.

"Hey, buddy." Lorcan says.

"Hmmm" I say.

"May I run away from you and dance with someone else because you keep jumping on my beautiful feet?" He asks.

"Yo may kind sir good day to you." (If you couldn't tell we were being fake proper because why not.)

I dance all by myself for a little while. Then I see Roxanne at the snack table all by herself.

"Jackpot" I say. I don't think anyone can hear me and that's a good thing.

I walk over to her, put my arm out and say, "May I have this dance young lady?" Like a proper maniac.