Dance with me

It was late fall, just about the middle of November when the students were told about the Yule ball. Everyone was expected to attend either alone or with a date. The Marauders were in transfiguration when they were told, of course told by the head of their house, Minerva Mcgonagall, head of Gryffindor house.

Sirius was, to say the least, not amused. He debated about going at all but figure Remus would want to. Remus would have a blast but Sirius? He'd be shunned, for fucks sake his brother, Regulus, would be attending and his cousins Narcissa and Bellatrix. He couldn't just go with Remus to the ball without his mother finding out. His mother would be furious with him, so angry she'd torture him, maybe even disown him. Sirius thought about it long and hard after classes. If his mother disowned him he could run away to James' house and live with him in the summer. He could go home to a good place, James was like a brother to Sirius and his parents loved Sirius as their own. But there was always the risk of Sirius just getting tortured.

A few weeks later it was about two weeks before the Yule ball and Mcgonagall was teaching Gryffindor how to dance. She knew about Remus and Sirius as she was that mother they had away from home and they trusted her with their secret. Although Remus needed to learn how to dance in case he ended up going with a girl as friends or by himself due to Sirius not wanting to come out. Mcgonagall talked to Sirius before hand and told him to teach Remus how to dance, he reluctantly agreed, after the dance classes Sirius and Remus would go up into their dormitory and Sirius would teach Remus how to dance. They both enjoyed dancing together that they'd randomly just get up a dance.

Soon came a few days before the ball and Remus really wanted to ask Sirius to go with him but knew the risks of going together and had decided to wait for Sirius to ask him.

Sirius thought about it and had decided to surprise Remus. He went the few days not asking him and Remus was indeed sad about it but understood, but Sirius had a plan. His favourite plan he's ever come up with, he thought 'I don't care what they think of me.'

The boys walked down the the great hall together and for that night only were fifth years and up allowed to drink, alcohol specifically, Remus had thought about just getting drunk that night and to suffer the consequences the next morning, but he decided to wait and just sat at a table looking at everyone dance. A while into the ball, about an hour or so, a song Remus recognized started to play, he payed no attention to it though, until Sirius walked up to the sulking boy.

"Dance with me Moony?"
"Are you mental Sirius? Your brother is literally here too, so are your cousins." Remus said leaning back into his chair like he was holding back

"Shut up and dance with me."

Sirius dragged Remus by his wrists up and onto the dance floor, Remus was startled but then Sirius held him exactly how he did when they danced in the dormitory.

"Sirius are you mad?"

Sirius simply didn't reply and they ended up dancing all over the floor. As the two boys danced they heard gasps and whispers from the other students around them.

"Finally!"

Was all they could hear Mcgonagall say. Remus was just a mess, Sirius on the other hand, having the time of his life dancing with his boyfriend. After Remus and Sirius started dancing a few other closeted couples joined in. Everyone had a blast and luckily Regulus had gotten mad drunk, even though he was only a third year, while Bellatrix and Narcissa were nowhere to be seen.

"Don't you dare look back."

"What?" Was all Remus could get out before Sirius interrupted him

"Just keep your eyes on me. Stop holding back."

"Okay shut up and dance with me."

The boys danced for hours and near the end it was a slow dance, they hadn't spoken a word since, then Sirius opened up his mouth.

"Y'know Moony, I see a future in your eyes."

//////////////////////////

726 wordsss, this was entirely inspired by the song "Shut up and dance with me"
I hope you all enjoyed and I really do wanna get back into writing. Feel free to leave suggestions of things in the comments and I'll get right to it if I have the time!