The Werewolf's Other Secret

Beginning of sixth year and boy was Remus nervous, ever since third year he's had a second secret. Remus and his mom, Hope, we're on the platform waiting for the train, seeing as they were extremely early. Hope mixed up the time the train left and the two got there really early. After about an hour or so of waiting the train showed up and a ton of wizarding families came onto the platform. Sirius had been staying with the Potters since, ironically, third year after he showed up at their door in the pouring rain, bruised and bleeding.

Sirius and James dragged Euphemia and Fleamont over to where Remus and Hope were standing and they all said goodbye to the three boys.
"You have everything right Remus?" Hope asked her son.
"Yes mum, you helped me pack all my stuff specifically so I wouldn't forget."
"I know but I mean like, you have your stuff?" She asked again, whispering the end,
"Yes mum, I have my stuff" the tall boy replied, he hugged his mum and left for the train with his friends.

The boys got into the compartment and sat. James and Sirius talked while Remus was busy putting their stuff up above, he was the tall one, about six foot four. After a while Peter and Lily got there and then before they knew it they were at Hogwarts.

Eventually it was Christmas break and Remus said he was going home, Hope had already told him that his friends were more than welcome to stay with them, Peter went to his own home, while Sirius and James went back to the Potters house. After a few days Remus sent a letter to the two asking if they wanted to come over for Christmas.

Dear Padfoot & Prongs

If you two, Mr. and Mrs, Potter would like to, my mum gave me permission to invite you all over for Christmas. I'm hoping to see you soon if you do, if not I'll see you both at school.

Sincerely Moony

Remus had sent the letter early in the morning and by ten that night an owl had returned with a letter.

Dear Moony

OF COURSE WE'LL COME OVER! Mum and dad said it's fine and we'll be there by noon tomorrow! Tell your mum so she's not surprised when we show up.

From your best friends, Padfoot & Prongs

Remus was very happy, he went to the living room where Hope was watching TV and he let her know, she was excited to see them again as she only briefly talked to the Potters on the platform before rushing to get to work.

The next morning Remus was in his room reading, he looked over in a corner of his room and saw his stuff, he slightly panicked before calming himself down and hiding it in the back of his closet. Soon his mum called him down for lunch and the four people they invited arrived, Remus was eating while Hope answered the door.
"Hello, please come in." Hope said as she answered to the Potters and Sirius.
"Hi Hope! Is Remus up?" Sirius asked.
"He's in the kitchen, should just be finishing his lunch, feel free to bring your stuff to his room."
"Your place is lovely, so cozy. Just like the boys said." Euphemia spoke as she walked over to the couch and sat down. The three adults talked while the boys all hung out in Remus' room. Euphemia and Hope made dinner together while Fleamont asked about the muggle things in the house and Hope was more than happy explaining what it all was.

It had been a few days since the four got to the Lupin's cottage and that night, it had to be that night. Remus and Sirius were sleeping in Remus' bed together and James was on a mattress on the floor. Remus had woken up that night. He woke up and realized shortly after being awake, that he regressed. He snuck out of the room and walked down the hall to his mums room and talked to her, then they were on the couch together, Remus was wrapped up in a blanket and drinking hot chocolate while leaning against Hope. When he was done with his hot chocolate, Hope handed one of the pacifiers she kept in her room if this happened. She has been super supportive of Remus since he told her in a letter the previous year while he was at school.

Sirius woke up to find no Remus next to him, he heard James' snores so it was easy to tell that he was there. He quietly walked down the hall whispering.
"Moony? Where'd you go?"

Remus panicked when he heard Sirius' voice and quickly took the pacifier out of his mouth and hid it under the blanket.
"There you are, oh hello Hope, is Remus okay?" Sirius asked.
"He's fine, Remus, why don't you tell Sirius?" She said turning to her son. All he did was shake his head no quickly,
"What if I told him?"
Remus reluctantly nodded and Hope explained to Sirius,
"Oh Remmy," Sirius sighed, "you should've told me, I could've been there with you." Sirius took a seat on the couch next to Remus and gave him a hug, Remus leaned into the boy.
"If you're okay to lay here with him that would be nice, I'm quite tired so I'll be going back to bed." Hope got up from the couch, gave Remus a kiss on the forehead and went to her room. Sirius saw Remus fidgeting with something under the blanket,
"Whatcha got there Moony?" He asked. Remus showed him the pacifier he'd been hiding, Sirius took it from his hand and looked at all the detail on it, it was sparkly and blue with "R.L." Engraved on it. Sirius put it in front of Remus' face and Remus took it. To two laid down on the couch and fell asleep.

James and his parents all walked out into the living room together, they figured out Hope was still asleep and then they found Remus and Sirius together on the couch, Remus' head was turned away when they originally walked in, the three talked for a while at the table and James noticed Remus had turned his head over,
"What's that in Moony's mouth?" James asked,
"Not sure." Euphemia responded standing up and walking over to the couch,
"It's a pacifier?"
"Why does he have a pacifier? We're sixteen."
"Don't be rude James!" Fleamont whispered to James, slightly slapping him in the wrist.

Mia and Monty decided they'd make breakfast for everyone, they went out to the muggle shops and transfigured their coins to muggle money and wrote a letter to Gringotts to let them know they did so. They got plenty of groceries and went back to the cottage. James helped them make crepes, the recipe was basically engraved into their memory after Sirius introduced them to it. While they were cooking Hope came out because of the amazing smell, there was syrups and whipped cream and strawberries on the table with a stack of crepes on a plate in the centre.
"What smells so good?" Hope asked,
"Crepes, Sirius showed us them a few months ago and since the recipe never left our memory." Monty replied, setting another crepe onto the stack.
"Sorry I didn't get up sooner, I could've helped."
"It's all okay, could you wake up the other two so they can have some?"
"Of course" Hope walked over to the two sleeping boys on the couch and softly woke them up,
"Remus honey, wake up, Mr. and Mrs. Potter made breakfast," She said gently rubbing her hand through her sons dusty brown hair. Remus simply turned his head flat down into Sirius' chest which woke him up and Remus just whined. Sirius sat up and let his boyfriend lean against him, he gave Remus a kiss on the forehead,
"Don't you want crepes Moony? They're good I promise." Sirius winked at Remus which made him giggle. Then Remus noticed that Euphemia, Fleamont and James were there, he got off Sirius and wrapped the blanket over his head.
"Remus dear, it's okay. We're not going to judge you, if James does you have full permission to hit him." Mia walked over and crouched next to the couch.
"Hey! He takes points from me all the time isn't that enough?" Jame complained.
"Oh shut it Prongs, you just do dumb stuff at school and Moony is punishing you for it."

Remus laughed at Sirius' response to James and got up. Everyone had an amazing breakfast and nice conversation's, after breakfast they all decided they'd have a picnic in the forest for lunch. The three adults watched as Remus played with a stag and a dog. The three had both promised they wouldn't say a word about their kids being unregistered animagi. Remus was happy he could finally be himself fully around them. When they got back to school he told Lily and a few other friends and they all supported him. They didn't bother telling Peter since he was around as much with them.

꧁~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~꧂

1533 words