02: end

HAPPY ENDING.

"y/n, happy twenty-second birthday!" your friends happily cheer, and a smile breaks out across your face. life is so much better now. your hallucinations don't show up as much as long as you take your medications at the right times during the night and days.

recently, you started going to college at a community college. it was extremely difficult since you never finished highschool, but with lots of summer school and studying, you made it in.

the only big threat in your life right now is your final exams coming up.

"a toast to y/n! who is too indecisive for her own good!" one of your female friends holds up her bottle of whatever and everyone follows suit. sighing, you grab your own glass and hold it up, clinking all your drinks together, the group all take a big gulp of whatever alcohol beverage they ordered for your birthday celebration.

most of you guys are old enough to drink.

you don't drink much but when things get stressful, it's a good way to distract yourself. but you usually drink coffee in stressful times too.

"oh yeah, have you guys heard? some kids from the freshman classes found a body behind the school building, i think it was the guy involved with that gang... bonten, i think. y/n, didn't you used to be like, friends with the boss?" one of the girls suddenly bring up, and you nearly spit out your drink.

"i mean i guess..."

"you guess?! okay, this girl kissed three of the executives when she was younger!" dramatically gasping, you hit your guy friend upside the head, shooting him a glare.

"i told you to not tell anyone!"

"-and then she pretended to hate them just so they would stop loving her! because this gorgeous woman thinks she isn't lovable, even though she deserves all the love in the world!" he continues, and you cover your flustered expression as all your friends laugh at you.

all of you take another round of drinking before one of the other guys shoots you a question, "if they loved you, did you love them back?"

"of course!" being a little tipsy at this point, you exclaim your answer loudly, making the table erupt into another loud round of laughter.

suddenly, a hand is placed on your shoulder, and the entire table goes quiet as they look at who is standing behind your chair. too frightened to turn around, you sit in your chair, looking at your friends for help, but none of them are looking at you. one of your female friends looks at you – she's deaf, and signs you something.

you don't know much sign language except the basics, but you can tell she's spelling out a name, so you repeat the letters in your head as she does.

M...A...N...J...I...R...O.

"um, so, the boss of the most dangerous gang is standing behind you right now, the same one who you told you hated two years ago and um- i think he and the others heard everything we just said." wow, thanks mr.obvious.

"wow. i never would've guessed." one of the girls sitting at the table deadpans, glaring at him.

you finally turn to look at who is behind you, nearly falling out of your chair. they're all here, like, ALL. the brothers, izana, kakucho, kokonoi, inui, mikey- you get it.

"happy birthday y/n." kakucho breaks the awkward silence before quieting back down, sending you a depressing wave before izana sends him a glare and he hangs his head.