Our Sweet Baby

The guy pulled up his pants as Frank got back up. 'I could give you another twenty if you come home with me tonight,' he said.

Frank couldn't help laughing. 'Are you fucking kidding me? For twenty?'

Frank wasn't a hooker. He just liked dick.

And money.

And sometimes he needed extra money for college, or something. So why not using his talents, doing something he liked, to get cash? Or maybe that was what he told himself as an excuse to go around giving blowjobs and getting fucked.

There was nothing wrong with that. He was young, and having fun.

'Fifty bucks,' Frank told the guy. He wasn't sure what was his name, or where he found out about what Frank did, but he was cute. Not that it mattered. And he just approached him while he was helping his friends set up for their show at the local VFW hall, and gave him a twenty.

'I'm sorry, man – this is all I have.'

'Maybe next time, then. I have to go practice, anyway.' He grabbed his backpack and headed out. He wasn't planning on staying longer either way. Shaun and Hambone were probably waiting for him, and it'd take him at least twenty minutes to drive there, so he ran to his car, and headed to their rehearsing space.

'Sorry I'm late.' He knew his friends would want an explanation, or worse, they already knew what he was doing. So he went straight to get his guitar, and started tuning. 'Okay, let's do this.'

***

It'd been a great show.

Frank crushed it, and he saw some girls singing to their songs. So, in his book, it was a great show. And the best part was that he had fun with his friends, which was the whole point. If this was going to be his life, he'd be happy.

Tired and accomplished, he headed outside for a cigarette. He just needed a moment to let it all in. Sometimes his dream felt too big, and it was hard to believe that his band was doing well and that they were going on tour, and he was doing what he loved.

He wasn't even twenty-one and he was already considering dropping out of college to follow his dreams and go on tour. After such a great night, everything was possible.

'Care if I join you?' The voice caught him off guard. When he turned around, he saw Tucker, Thursday's drummer, stepping out of the venue and getting out his cigarettes from his pocket. Frank didn't answer. He didn't mind, really.

'It was a nice show, wasn't it?' Tucker asked.

Frank smiled, and he just hoped he didn't look like an idiot who had a crush on this hot drummer, because the last thing he needed was to make things awkward. Because Tucker was a nice guy, and the Thursday guys had been nice to them, and he didn't want to make things awkward. But he did have a crush on him. 'It was the best show we've played so far,' he said.

'You guys will go far, I'm telling you.'

Frank blushed. He didn't know how to take compliments, especially from someone who'd already made it, and who happened to be hot as fuck. 'I hope so.' They kept talking, joking around about Geoff forgetting the lyrics, when someone called Frank's name.

It was Dave – or Dean – he couldn't remember his name. But they hooked up a couple times at house parties, and this guy kept asking him out every time they ran into each other. 'Hey,' was all Frank could said, trying to be polite. He didn't want to cause a scene or have to explain Tucker what he did.